What watch do you wear?

Soldato
So, i am thinking of getting a Planet Ocean 43.5mm...but I am now torn as to which strap to get it on. Initial thought was get it on the SS bracelet and then buy the rubber/leather strap/deployment as it seemed logically cheaper (the leather version is only £70 less than the bracelet version), but having had a quick look an Omega deployment clasp is £300+ and the strap £200!

Do you think a Hirsch/other after market strap and aftermarket deployment clasp will be fine and thus i should just get the bracelet and one of these?

My inclination at the moment is to just get it on the rubber/leather as I'll probably wear it on that 90% of the time anyway.

Apologies for my ramblings....

Soldato
Buy the watch with the bracelett then buy a genuine strap. Yes they are expensive (mine was £170 for official nato) but its a quality item and i think worth the money as it was designed for the watch.

If you ever change your mind and fancy a bracelett down the line i think they are in the £500 region

Soldato
Buy the watch with the bracelett then buy a genuine strap. Yes they are expensive (mine was £170 for official nato) but its a quality item and i think worth the money as it was designed for the watch.

If you ever change your mind and fancy a bracelett down the line i think they are in the £500 region

the genuine strap and deployment is £500 though not £170...if it was ~£200 i'd just do it but that's a lot of money when I know the hirsch straps are very well made and you can get the strap and deployment for under £100...

Soldato
Are you sure its £500 for the strap, thats bracelett pricing.

Not gettng mixed up are you?

Nope, Omega straps are nearly £200 and the deployment clasps nearly £300...

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/co...ean-alligator-deployment-watch-strap-in-black

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/co...ucts/omega-deployment-clasp-94521813-94522033

Gah links dont actually show price as they're out of stock but:

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collections/deployment?sort_by=price-descending
https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collections/omega-watch-straps

Last edited:
Soldato
Are we seeing different prices. Its £200 for the strap and im sure i saw £60 for the clasp. Altho looking on other sites they are charging £300 for just the clasp on its own??!!

If thats the actual price they are charging then thats a joke.

Bracelets seem to be £700 ish so i guess i was out there too.

Soldato
Are we seeing different prices. Its £200 for the strap and im sure i saw £60 for the clasp. Altho looking on other sites they are charging £300 for just the clasp on its own??!!

If thats the actual price they are charging then thats a joke.

Bracelets seem to be £700 ish so i guess i was out there too.

look at my edited post, unfortunately the Omega brand one is indeed £300...quite ridiculous.

As you can see from the photos of my cocktail time the Hirsch duke is a really nice piece of leather anyway, so I'll probably get that in the short term and wait for a used omega deployment to come up...

Associate
Thanks!

The RRP for the watch is c£1600, however, i cannot fined one for that price. They are generally c£1800 used!!

I have one and have noticed the used prices going up. I think this is mainly due to Omega pretty much killing off all the gents quartz models. Some people do (believe it or not) prefer a quartz watch. I like mine as it's a great grab and go watch that's very accurate, comfortable, tough and with great legibility and lume.

Also, it's a very compact size for a 300m diver. Most of Omega's dive watches have really bulked up recently.

Soldato
Hi,

Make sure you contact your local Omega Boutique with regard to the deployment strap.

I recently wanted to buy the rubber deployment strap for my PO and needed both the strap and the clasp. Everywhere I looked online it seemed that both parts would cost £200 - £250 each, meaning the strap would be £400- £500 all in.

However when I contacted Omega directly they supplied the strap for £170 and the buckle for £170 so £340 in total.

Always best to buy the bracelet version and add the deployment later but don't fall in to the trap of thinking that these third party sites are offering you the best price, call Omega.

Caporegime
Newest addition, Longines hydroconqest 41mm automatic. Ended up going for a second hand one on auction as precision time were unable to source one. Crystal and bezel are pristine, one tiny mark on the case side and a few on the bracelet. All of which should be easy to polish/brush.

Back
Top Bottom