Sky - bloody chancers

Caporegime
Had sky for 14 months now. Two days ago, no signal. Do all their online troubleshooting, no dice. Ring them up, go through an extra thing, still nothing.

"hi k ur dish is borked, £75 callout fee"

"LOL hell no, I pay you for a service, give me what I pay for"

"ok m8 rates, £45"

"Did you not hear me? I'm not giving you a penny. I pay for a service, you provide the service, now fix it"

"no lol, u pay"

***breaks out the big guns***

"I've never had this problem with Virgin, BT or Talktalk. YOU'RE WORSE THAN TALKTALK."

"k hold pls"

tick tock tick tock

"k we do for free k"

Bloody chancers. Come fix my stuff.

Soldato
BT do normally threaten you with a £300 callout fee or something stupid in case it's not their equipment though!

Soldato
All your cables fully inserted in to the back of the box? I had the exact same problem, found out the 2 sky cables had practically come apart, few turns of the bits etc and re plugged them and all was good.

Soldato
They're not chancing, per se. With Sky you get the equipment for free when you take out a contract, and it's yours. After 12 months the warranty expires... All you basically did is argue a goodwill gesture (and/or a new 12 month contract), because they know full well if they stand firm you'll just run off to another provider.

With VM they keep ownership of the kit, so it gets fixed/upgraded as soon as anything goes Pete Tong. So in their case it really is part of what you're paying for. With Sky, not so much; so it was a bit of an ignorant stance to start your argument from. All's well that ends well, however. :D

Caporegime
OP
They're not chancing, per se. With Sky you get the equipment for free when you take out a contract, and it's yours. After 12 months the warranty expires... All you basically did is argue a goodwill gesture (and/or a new 12 month contract), because they know full well if they stand firm you'll just run off to another provider.

With VM they keep ownership of the kit, so it gets fixed/upgraded as soon as anything goes Pete Tong. So in their case it really is part of what you're paying for. With Sky, not so much; so it was a bit of an ignorant stance to start your argument from. All's well that ends well, however. :D

Fair play then, different situation. Just highlights how much of a gangsta I am 'cos I get free men round to fix my stuff :cool::D

Soldato
Just threatening them with leaving can get you all kinds of discounts.
They eventually offered us the entire package for half price when we told them we were cancelling our subscription for example.

Soldato
They eventually offered us the entire package for half price when we told them we were cancelling our subscription for example.

That works pretty much everywhere to be fair. VM 200Mbps, XL TV with TiVO, L phone, second V+ HD box upstairs; should be ~£80 a month, we pay £35. EE, unlimited calls/texts, 10GB 4G+ data, Euro data, calls and texts, with a brand new flagship handset; should be £65 a month, I pay £30. I can't recall anything I pay full price for.

Also, strong OP username to whinge correlation. :D

Soldato

Yep, the chap on the other end of the phone has more power than they like to let on, you just need the attitude to get them to realise they can either offer you stuff or your gone.

Soldato
Hence why I have this username. I have a special title too 'cos I'm a ********* :D

Of course. :)

7742edbd2ab2046418d4bc6daf7affbc.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Yeah. You're not even in the same category of ********* as me. I'm on a whole different level dude.

And the mods love me anyway, hence my title. I'm like a stray dog they like to feed.

Soldato

I told them i was leaving as they put the prices up again and they said "bye then, but you gotta pay another month". Never again.

Soldato
I told them i was leaving as they put the prices up again and they said "bye then, but you gotta pay another month". Never again.

Maybe they didn't like your accent? :p

They kept hassling us to rejoin them at a big discount for months after we left. It got to point where we had tell them to leave us alone a good few times.

Caporegime
Just go to the cancellation team, you will always get it free.

But the vast majority that just cough up and pay is outstanding. I used to work in the call out centre. I even used to hint at them to cancel, but most would just pay.

Back
Top Bottom