PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Only tried Knack and Shadow of Mordor so far (Others downloading) Both looked much better, Shadow of Mordor is night and day over the original version. Pin sharp, so much more clarity, richer colors and much better detail.

Both games gave me option of higher FPS or locked FPS and 4K graphics. 4K graphics looks glorious (Don't care if it uses checkerboard, I wish my GPU could do this so I don't constantly need to upgrade :p)

The console is nice looking in person, very quiet in use too.

Very impressed so far considering I got this cheaper than my Xbox One S at launch.

Looking forward to newer games that come with Pro support from the go. This mid cycle upgrade is great idea imho. Fresh coat of paint until the PS5 arrives in a few years.

Associate
Just restoring my Pro now. Heavier, taller and I'm sure it's got a slightly bigger footprint. Definitely quieter than my original PS4 whilst idling. Feels quality and love that it's got the rear USB port for PSVR processing unit so no more USB cable sticking out of the front. Will be about an hour restoring 214Gb.

Game were doing Dishonoured 2 for 20 quid if buying or trading up to a pro. I stupidly said no as I haven't played Dishonoured yet and then afterward I thought I could have got it for 20 and traded it straight back in and maybe made some cash back on it but not sure if I would have got more than the 20 quid back. Picked up Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4 as well.

Didn't get to Curry's to look at TV'S as it took 2 hours to do the trade in because there were that many people trading in and they had to test all the trade in PS4'S. Store manager was pretty stressed out. They had 10 trades while I was there and said they already done 12 before I arrived and a further 10 straight pro sales as well. Seems to be selling pretty well in Penzance.

New warranty, no piano black to worry about scratching and ready for 4k when I decide to buy a telly. Wondering if PSVR games will look or play any better?

Last edited:
Soldato
Only tried Knack and Shadow of Mordor so far (Others downloading) Both looked much better, Shadow of Mordor is night and day over the original version. Pin sharp, so much more clarity, richer colors and much better detail.

Both games gave me option of higher FPS or locked FPS and 4K graphics. 4K graphics looks glorious (Don't care if it uses checkerboard, I wish my GPU could do this so I don't constantly need to upgrade :p)

The console is nice looking in person, very quiet in use too.

Very impressed so far considering I got this cheaper than my Xbox One S at launch.

Looking forward to newer games that come with Pro support from the go. This mid cycle upgrade is great idea imho. Fresh coat of paint until the PS5 arrives in a few years.

Cool I have them downloading.... Mordor is a really good game.

Associate
Just restoring my Pro now. Heavier, taller and I'm sure it's got a slightly bigger footprint. Definitely quieter than my original PS4 whilst idling. Feels quality and love that it's got the rear USB port for PSVR processing unit so no more USB cable sticking out of the front. Will be about an hour restoring 214Gb.

Game were doing Dishonoured 2 for 20 quid if buying or trading up to a pro. I stupidly said no as I haven't played Dishonoured yet and then afterward I thought I could have got it for 20 and traded it straight back in and maybe made some cash back on it but not sure if I would have got more than the 20 quid back. Picked up Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4 as well.

Didn't get to Curry's to look at TV'S as it took 2 hours to do the trade in because there were that many people trading in and they had to test all the trade in PS4'S. Store manager was pretty stressed out. They had 10 trades while I was there and said they already done 12 before I arrived and a further 10 straight pro sales as well. Seems to be selling pretty well in Penzance.

New warranty, no piano black to worry about scratching and ready for 4k when I decide to buy a telly. Wondering if PSVR games will look or play any better?

I got mine from Game and got the Dishonoured 2 offer for £20. I got them to check trade-in and cash price.. £36 and £21 respectively so I thought I'd just get it and trade back in a week or so.

Soldato
Just tried Mordor in both settings and TBH it looks the same to me. I think the scaler in the Pro does a decent job scaling 1080p to 4K as it looks nice and sharp in 1080p mode on Mordor.....

Soldato
Question guys.

When I move my stuff over to Pro from PS4 I will be giving my PS4 to my son. Is there anyway he can continue to play the games I have on it (or any future games I buy) or will he have to buy any he wants to play?

Yes keep that PS4 as your 'Main' PS4 or whatever the option is. This way when he uses it he can play all your digital games and use PSN. I do this with my boys, their PS4 is the main PS4 and I use the PS4 Pro in lounge, that way we can all play the same content.

Soldato
Mordor no longer has that edge shimmering. Definitely an AA boost, and the framerate is locked properly. Never any dips. Far far better, even at 1080p.

BF1 also runs smoother in Conquest mode. Thought it was a placebo effect until I loaded it up for a round on the old PS4.

Soldato
Just tried Mordor in both settings and TBH it looks the same to me. I think the scaler in the Pro does a decent job scaling 1080p to 4K as it looks nice and sharp in 1080p mode on Mordor.....

This is what I'm confused about. I have an excellent upscaler on my TV(Sony) and really don't think the pro will improve my PS4 enough to warrant shelling out £350.

Will see how much it improves VR before taking the plunge, or if I wake up impulsive tomorrow I'll get my reserved one :)

Back
Top Bottom