PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Dont know how true it is, but just been told by someone else who is an avid gamer to say the least, that being such a new game, COD: IW actually came with pro support on the disc, so it wont show up in patches. I imagine thats how it will all come from now on.

Just been playing the campaign and I have to say, it does look bloody spectacular!

Yep, that game is advertised on the box, more than any other game. Right, time to set mine up :)

Soldato
Pardon me but, I presume I can chop some stuff on my PS4 (2tb) to make it under 1TB, remove the 1TB from the pro, use with caddy and backup PS4 to prodrive. Then install the 2tb into my Pro, install firmware from usb stick or whatever and then backup from the 1tb? I cannot think why this wouldn't work.

Soldato
Hi Fella,

Unfortunately they are offering a pittance everywhere at the moment. Around £100 :( They will give me decent money for my 2Tb Darth Vader SW: Battlefront console but I want to keep that.

I think they cocked up big time, but i guess they have also been inundated with PS4 for trade in too.

Probably best selling it on Facebook to someone local.

Soldato
Think there was transfer data option over Ethernet or something?

Oh yeah what a tit. I was thinking I couldn't transfer because it was 2TB-1TB but then if I had to crop some stuff anyway for the backup method... :)

Edit: Actually that won't help me as I want to put the 2TB in the pro. So sadly it won't work that way.

Also saw the very impressive load times with an SSD in the Pro.

Last edited:
Soldato
Each console has it's own encryption key, so it's not as simple as taking hdd out and putting it into a new ps4. Backing up via official systems like ethernet is the only way...

I am aware hence discussing the backup/restore method first. It's just a PITA for me as my PS4 has a bigger HD than the Pro (and I wish to use the bigger one) so the ethernet won't work for me.
Could be worse though.

Soldato
Shoved in a 2TB HDD today, thought would rather do it sooner than later, really don't wanna re download or re copy all this stuff later on when the 1TB fills.

Argos etc do a £60 external which you can open up and stick in your PS4 / PS4 Pro. To buy the drive alone cost around £100. Crazy that it's cheaper with external housing lol. You get £5 gift voucher with over £50 spend atm as well. So good time to pick one up.

Soldato
I had just under 1.8TB on my 2TB drive in PS4.... I just downloaded the ones I want for now on Pro...

The Pro does not support trim like PS4 so installing an SSD is not a great idea.

Soldato
I had 1.8TB on my 2TB drive.... I just downloaded the ones I want for now....

The Pro does not support trim like PS4 so installing an SSD is not a great idea.

Ohohohho I almost put an ssd in it yesterday but ran out of time. I'm leaving it stock if there's no trim. The amount of crud that builds up on ssds means they degrade so much they still random access many times faster than a hdd but eventually the sequential read will be worse so streaming data problems or just flat out errors from bad sectors.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Well I've got mine. Undecided as to open it or not lol. Had about 8 ps4's now. I always seem to get bored and move them on. Yet the line up of games seems brilliant this coming year.

Back
Top Bottom