Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm really happy with my 7 with the exception of the headphone adapter. The sound through it is pretty poor. I did a test on my work 5S using the adapter and then plugging the headphones into the headphone socket and there's a marked difference.

Sound quality aside, the adapter itself is a pain - it makes the phone a bit unwieldly when putting it in my pocket.

I don't like bluetooth headphones, I'm yet to find a pair that sound good and fit my ears well. The bundled Apple headphones are appauling rubbish so I don't use them.

Hopefully I'll have a pair of lightning headphones arriving today.

Soldato
I'm really happy with my 7 with the exception of the headphone adapter. The sound through it is pretty poor. I did a test on my work 5S using the adapter and then plugging the headphones into the headphone socket and there's a marked difference.

Sound quality aside, the adapter itself is a pain - it makes the phone a bit unwieldly when putting it in my pocket.

I don't like bluetooth headphones, I'm yet to find a pair that sound good and fit my ears well. The bundled Apple headphones are appauling rubbish so I don't use them.

Hopefully I'll have a pair of lightning headphones arriving today.

Try investing into something like an Audioquest Dragonfly :D

kbc

kbc

Associate
Please can you explain how this works?

I don't mind if it's 256GB

I placed an order back in October and delivery was a joke. Just get the Apple Store app and then check in on it at about 6AM and you will be able to book a collection. I also use Telegram which alerts me of stock in London. Make sure you can collect same day though.

kbc

kbc

Associate
How does the telegram alert work? That a plugin for telegram from istocknow or something?

You just need to install Telegram from the AppStore, set a username in the settings of Telegram, then compose a message to iphonestockbot.

I had an order on for a week 2 weeks ago, said delivery in 4-6 weeks (which is a joke!!). 2 days of my order, I did try this Telegram thing but since I wake up at 5AM for work everyday - 6AM is when Apple releases the reservations. I just logon to the official Apple Store app and just reserved. Telegram also alerts it around this time saying there is stock. Just be committed to buy it and collect same day.

Last edited:
Soldato
So until today my phone was out for delivery tomorrow. Now it says 3rd of December :/ ordered on the 5th of October

Ordered on the 6th of October, and was told up to 28 days. Once it got to 26 days I was calling up everyday asking where my phone was, ended up coming on the 10th November.

During this time I've had friends walk into store and buy 128 7+ in Matt Black, and spoke to someone in a local store who confirmed retail gets priority over back orders.

Start calling up every day and complaining and kicking up a fuss, in this time I've got £75 off my account just from moaning.

Man of Honour
So real talk, after a couple months use, what are peoples opinion of audio through headphones on the 7? Is it any different with the dongle?

I am thinking of getting a plus now, simply because the screen size would be much better for what I use my phone for.

Soldato
How odd. my 320s all sounded more or less the same as they did on my iPhone 6. Though I was half listening/half sleeping as I was on a plane. I only really use my phone for music when I'm driving or when I'm in the gym both of which I use a bluetooth connection for.

Mind you, iPhones are hardly the benchmark of quality audio!

Back
Top Bottom