Affinity Photo

Associate
They had a big stand at the photography show at the NEC this weekend.

I'm a relative novice, but had a ten minute play and watched some of the live demos. Its got the feel / UI and workstream of lightroom with the most advanced intelligent filters/brushes/masks of Photoshop all for £40. All realtime rendered and lots of unique processes too. I was really impressed! They wouldn't be drawn too much on how "soon" the windows beta would be released though, got the impression it was months rather than weeks.

Associate
Mac version is £29.99 at the moment,the developers are based in Nottingham,had a good chat with a couple of them at the show, very impressive live demos.
They are also continually improving raw development which was something i asked about.

uv

uv

Soldato
Just got my email for the Windows Beta :p

Looking forward to giving this a go, the teaser video looked like it has some excellent functionality.

edit: balls, it's Affinity Designer that's released today, not Photo!

Well hopefully this means the Photo beta isn't far off!

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Big fan of Affinity. Bought both for the Mac. Shame I'd need to buy another licence forWindows but can at least use while in beta.

Easily worth the money. The support is excellent too, as well as their tutorial videos.

uv

uv

Soldato
what do people think of using this in place of Lightroom? I don't use Lightroom for it's management or library stuff, purely as a raw editor..

Associate
Definitely looks worth while giving it a try. I think it may have to wait until after Christmas for me although I could ask for it as a prezzie at that price.

Back
Top Bottom