Powerful quake strikes New Zealand

Soldato
Ive surfed 2 meters ways before. But all depends how far that wave got detected. If far away it can grow into something more sinister depending on the topography of the sea bed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
LBC are reporting that a tsunami has hit the south island of New Zealand. No word was given on the extent, or otherwise, of damage.

Associate
Skyped my mum with the kids earlier this morning(UK time) before the quake, still waiting to hear from her.....she should be fine as she lives south of Christchurch in Temuka, have a younger brother in the area too....
Im from/grew up in Timaru, got use to regular tremors growing up there.....
Hope everyone is ok back home. :/

Soldato
Skyped my mum with the kids earlier this morning(UK time) before the quake, still waiting to hear from her.....she should be fine as she lives south of Christchurch in Temuka, have a younger brother in the area too....
Im from/grew up in Timaru, got use to regular tremors growing up there.....
Hope everyone is ok back home. :/

Hope everyone is ok man.

Soldato
The entire East coast is on the 'Pacific Rim of Fire' so no surprise. They will get aftershocks and maybe more in months to come if the rupture was not complete.

Associate
All good here. Up in Auckland so no rumble. Mags should be in AKL too so he should be fine. News reports are going crazy at this point. 2 confirmed dead. Liquefaction has been reported too. Looks like everyone is doing good job by getting to higher ground and staying in touch :)

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;30209520 said:
Looters ransack evacuated home in tsunami zone

There are some really ****** people out there :/

Stay safe South Island chums :)

Thats ****ing low.... makes me feel embarrassed to be a kiwi these days when **** like that goes on.....

Turns out Mum is fine as expected, she slept through it despite being less than 100 miles away from Christchurch! :)

Back
Top Bottom