***Official Squad Thread***

Associate
Just bought this, couldn't resist at £14.99

Installing now :D

its great :) I know its only in alpha but its well worth the £15

Same here realy enjoyed the free weekend, I am surprised how well it runs on the i3 6100.

Now i have to buy a headset

yes it runs pretty good on my setup as well, I have almost everything maxed with a little AA and reshade and never really drops below 50fps, its in the 60fps range and above quite a bit of the time as well :)

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Joined three different servers this evening, playing one round on each. Each time we (myself and three mates) joined, our team was losing heavily and the teams stacked against us. All three times we turned it around and forced a win! Taking a step back and playing the game more as an RTS and planning what you're doing wins every single time against the vast majority of people that seem to think running from one cap zone to the next is the way to play the game. All about the wide flanking manoeuvres and setting up secondary FOBs out of the "line of play" across the map - gives you much more flexibility to recover from losing cap zones.

Soldato
Joined three different servers this evening, playing one round on each. Each time we (myself and three mates) joined, our team was losing heavily and the teams stacked against us. All three times we turned it around and forced a win! Taking a step back and playing the game more as an RTS and planning what you're doing wins every single time against the vast majority of people that seem to think running from one cap zone to the next is the way to play the game. All about the wide flanking manoeuvres and setting up secondary FOBs out of the "line of play" across the map - gives you much more flexibility to recover from losing cap zones.

Yep - A good backcap can turn around a game every time! I'm really loving the new map - the devs have done a fantastic job with the optimization.

Soldato
Overall, I am enjoying the game much more than BF1.

My only real gripe is how clunky the weapon switch system is. I usually play as a medic, and I want to get people up quickly when the area is hot.
So I run across to a downed friendly with my weapon up just in case. I decide it is safe to heal, so I switch to bandage (waiting around 4 seconds for that animation to complete), realise med pack is out because that was the last one I used, click 5 again to switch to bandages (waiting another 4 seconds for the animation) so I can finally start reviving.

So it has taken me about 10 seconds and I have only completed half of the medic process. Usually by the time I am then ready to actually heal the person, an enemy has approached, and then I am either dead immediately, or have to wait the 4 seconds for my gun animation to complete and be able to fire, so I am dead anyway.

Maybe it would be better to split the two medic items to different buttons, that way it would halve the time it takes to medic, or maybe make the animation time from med pack back to gun be shorter to allow some chance of defence.

Associate
I think the devs are intending to keep the pace down, so some of this stuff is purposefully clunky, as is life. For example the point of the longer spawn timers etc now is to make a life worth more, take less risk, and be more tactical

Soldato
OP
Still not fixed the AA in this game as I see the blur is still there...

Shouldn't have to use Reshade to sharpen the image.

We're waiting on Epic to sort out their AA options properly. Luma Sharpen will hopefully be in at some point in the future.

Maybe it would be better to split the two medic items to different buttons, that way it would halve the time it takes to medic, or maybe make the animation time from med pack back to gun be shorter to allow some chance of defence.

This has been noted for a while now. Rest assured it will be fixed and a lot easier. The main cause is down to our animation system and how its tied to weapons.

Would be nice to be able to drag or pickup the bodies to heal them somewhere else in safety.

That's coming :)

Associate
Really enjoying playing this at the moment but feels like cheating when using reshade :D

you find it that much easier to spot enemy? really?

I find since v8 and upgrading my monitor to 1440p, it looks really well in stock format. But if I'm missing out on additional visability I may have to reconsider :D

Back
Top Bottom