Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
CPW customer service say I can walk in and exchange for a new device. I call CPW, they confirm I can exchange but don't have the XL in stock and then say mine will need to be sent away to see if they can repair. So... not an exchange then?

I contact customer service again and they confirm again I can exchange. I mailed back to check what's the situation when they don't have the phone in stock. Awaiting a reply. Will call a CPW store again today and ask the same thing.

I don't mind sending it away, I have my Note 5 still, but with my Daydream VR in transit, I want to at least have a play with that before the Pixel goes... (if I can't exchange)

Can you find another cpw in your area that has one in stock ?

Soldato
Purchased an XL. Got an S7 edge currently but never really was enthralled by it but I'm not sure why. Looking forward to a core Android experience.

I upgraded also. The only thing I miss on the S7 is the waterproofing. The software on the Pixel is much, much better.

Soldato
I don't mind sending it away, I have my Note 5 still, but with my Daydream VR in transit, I want to at least have a play with that before the Pixel goes... (if I can't exchange)

Mine just arrived, don't think I'll be trying it in the office though. :D Staying at gf's tonight so it won't be till tomorrow evening before I get a proper play with it. :(

Soldato
Can you find another cpw in your area that has one in stock ?

No. None within 20 miles of me anyway. I rode down to a CPW nearby though and it turns out what I have is normal. Luckily I seemed to get someone that knows a little about phones and owned a Pixel himself. "Mine does that too! It's really annoying isn't i?!"

Sure enough, his did the same and the two models on display did it too... Oh well, if it's normal, I wont worry. I thought I'd broken mine!

On to Daydream View. Quite impressive I would say!

Last edited:
Soldato
Good video Andy. My phone got really hot too so it wasn't just because you were casting it to TV. I'm a bit disappointed with the resolution but that's probably cos I have the small one with only 1080p screen. Will have a better play with it tomorrow.

Soldato
No. None within 20 miles of me anyway. I rode down to a CPW nearby though and it turns out what I have is normal. Luckily I seemed to get someone that knows a little about phones and owned a Pixel himself. "Mine does that too! It's really annoying isn't i?!"

Sure enough, his did the same and the two models on display did it too... Oh well, if it's normal, I wont worry. I thought I'd broken mine!

On to Daydream View. Quite impressive I would say!

Does the fault still exist? Why would you consider a common fault to be "normal"?

Soldato
Apparently, yes. I said I thought I'd broken mine. If they all do it, clearly I haven't. Why would that mean you think I've got shares in Google. Isn't it simple logic?

I did ask if it happens with anyone else. If someone had checked and said 'yes, mine does that too' I would have probably dropped it then. What's the issue?

Associate
Apparently, yes. I said I thought I'd broken mine. If they all do it, clearly I haven't. Why would that mean you think I've got shares in Google. Isn't it simple logic?

I did ask if it happens with anyone else. If someone had checked and said 'yes, mine does that too' I would have probably dropped it then. What's the issue?

I have the pixel xl 128gb black and it doesn't do that.

Soldato
Anyone know the best way to repair the screen. Dropped it in the gym today and the screen smashed and some how all 4 corners are chipped.

Pretty ****ed off to say the least.

I'm thinking house insurance. I've found one shop in London but they are charging £200!

Soldato
Case-less and no phone insurance? - brave.

Looks like home insurance is now your best bet.

Cases are horrible and phone insurance is a rip off (esp when bank accounts / home insurances cover it usually)

Regardless, I get free phone insurance through work, so let's see what they have to say.

Soldato
Anyone know the best way to repair the screen. Dropped it in the gym today and the screen smashed and some how all 4 corners are chipped.

Pretty ****ed off to say the least.

I'm thinking house insurance. I've found one shop in London but they are charging £200!

I would call google and see what they can do

Back
Top Bottom