*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Well by the little snippets we heard about Destiny 1 the engine is a mess (tales of the level design pipeline). I get why they made the decisions they did at the time though.

I would *hope* that with Destiny being such a success, Bungie have a mandate for Destiny 2. Get stuck in and do a complete refresh, PC support, dedicated servers, higher tick rates, bigger open worlds, more players per instance.

From what I've read and the bits I've gotten from developers I think the problem was a large shift mid way through development. Some of the issues like the design pipeline seem a bit crazy for a brand new fresh IP, greenfield project. I think a lot of problems might have been down to miss management and not developer incompetence. From my understanding up till a few weeks ago they didn't even have a team building the game engine and everyone kinda just built they parts they needed to reach their own end goal.

They do have a new CEO, they did push Destiny 2 back till 2017 so maybe they are looking at fixing a lot of the problems we have in Destiny 1. I personally don't want to get my hopes up to high.

Soldato
I've become so confused by all the of the different releases and DLC. What would I be looking to buy if I want:

Destiny with all the latest DLC? What sort of price would I be looking at?

Destiny: The collection is what you want (assuming you don't already own some of the content). Comes with the base game and all expansions to date (including Rise of Iron).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/87968-Dest...195109&sr=1-2&keywords=destiny+the+collection

Looks to be around £45 on both consoles although that is just one site I checked. :)

Soldato
Destiny: The collection is what you want (assuming you don't already own some of the content). Comes with the base game and all expansions to date (including Rise of Iron).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/87968-Dest...195109&sr=1-2&keywords=destiny+the+collection

Looks to be around £45 on both consoles although that is just one site I checked. :)

Brilliant - thanks. Seems a bit of a middle finger to those that bought the original game though, as now it's the same price but with all the content!

Soldato
Except if you already own a digital copy of TTK you cant buy the collection off the PS store :(

And there is no upgrade package available for PS4 like there is on PS3 either :(

As I have mentioned above, I have emailed Sony customer services to see what they can do about it.

Soldato
looks like there's only 2 challenges in this raid

I can understand why they didn't make one for Vosik phase one as you don't actually kill him but they could have added a challenge to the death zamboni. The only reason I can think they didn't would be because it would need to be something like you can only carry each part once which could be too easy for a challenge.

Soldato
I can understand why they didn't make one for Vosik phase one as you don't actually kill him but they could have added a challenge to the death zamboni. The only reason I can think they didn't would be because it would need to be something like you can only carry each part once which could be too easy for a challenge.

Might also be that they didn't want to risk adding anything more to the Death Zamboni fight as it's taxing enough on the console/engine as it is. I've had Destiny encounter an error and crash to PS Home on the first stage before now.

Caporegime
Throughout my FPS life time I feel Destiny is the least balanced game in terms of gunplay. Even CoD felt more balanced, everything killed fast and worked, not just certain guns with certain perk rolls and everything else just kills super slow or doesn't even land a shot.

Thats because destiny is not just an FPS. Its an FPS with RPG elements, so weapon rolls are always going to be important. The RPG element of destiny is already very RPG lite. Get rid of stuff like this and it just becomes an FPS.

Plus, personally I think the community obsesses too much over the current meta. Most of the good weapons are perfectly fine, even without the "god rolls"

Soldato
Raiding wednesday, I think we had almost a full team from Monday's run say they were down?

7pm WotM HM
1) middgen
2) OweO
3) Greboth
4) Makhaira
5)
6)

Soldato
Won't be able to make tonight sorry chaps.

Woke up at 4am this morning with my head feeling like it has been in a vice. Dosed up on meds and will probably be asleep by 7... :(

Caporegime
So i have tried to delete destiny TTK from my PS4. It says please wait and does its thing. But TTK is still listed in my library. It isnt installed but is available for download.

I still cant buy the destiny collection as I already own TTK.

Really dont know where to go from here :(

make an american account and buy the full game on there. set the ps4 you use as the american accounts primary ps4.

could possibly work. or make a new uk account and buy the full game using a laptop on that account then load that account on your ps4 and download the full game

Back
Top Bottom