Mountain Biking

Caporegime
Thought I would post and say thanks to the people who gave advice. Just put an order in today for a YT Industries Jeffsy AL. :cool:

:D

Total *****.

There was one the other week with massive poles sitting out the bottom of a blind jump. I'd love one of them to be caught and done with attempted manslaughter. I don't understand their issue, there is miles upon miles to go walking/hiking. (Assuming it's walkers that have the issue).

Soldato
I don;t know what goes through their minds. Someone could be killed by some of this trail sabotage that is happening recently. Surely nobody has that much of a grudge to wish them dead..

Caporegime
I don't even understand the grudge, its boring people with boring lifes just trying to give themselves something to moan about.

Horrible.

Soldato
:D

Total *****.

There was one the other week with massive poles sitting out the bottom of a blind jump. I'd love one of them to be caught and done with attempted manslaughter. I don't understand their issue, there is miles upon miles to go walking/hiking. (Assuming it's walkers that have the issue).

This one ? it was at Delamere (my local ride) and absolutely shocking, what goes through these people's minds ?

Associate
Little late replying on the pads, I tried some nukeproof enduro pads but they were a horrific fit & sent them back. Ended up trying the Dainese Trail Skins and they seem much better. Will be testing them out at the weekend and most likely get the elbow pads as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Soldato
Little late replying on the pads, I tried some nukeproof enduro pads but they were a horrific fit & sent them back. Ended up trying the Dainese Trail Skins and they seem much better. Will be testing them out at the weekend and most likely get the elbow pads as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

They are the ones I use and I have really liked them. I have even tested them out and I didn't hurt my knee at all when I landed knee first onto my frame. So good choice there.

Soldato
I've always wanted to do something like that. I'd take a rubbish bike off a big drop for a laugh I reckon. Who needs suspension? Or strong wheels?
I always like to think that hucking something like that off a reasonable sized drop/stepdown(20-30ft) would be survivable, like in a way that each successive part that bends/disintegrates absorbs the impact of the drop in the way that an F1 cars front crash structure works... but the reality is whats more likely to happen, you will be a crumpled heap on top of the bike with your chest cavity acting like the F1 cars crash structure:eek:

No thanks, i value my ability to... you know... live.
I'll hit most stuff without hesitation on the big bike, but ive tryed to hit big stuff on bikes not designed for it, back 15+ years ago with some less than ideal outcomes.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend any decent deals on a wheelset (29") for my son's build? Want to keep it budget, as he can always replace them in the future and he won't care to start with. I've spent enough on the rest of his XT setup! Don't know if there are any black friday sub 200euro deals out there?

Back
Top Bottom