Good cheap web hosting/email server

Soldato
Hi guys, I'm well out of the loop and have some old basic hosting I use for just pictures etc, linked to an old domain name I have. I also use it for emails. I've had it for years.

I need to move hosting pretty quickly as I buy it via a friend who was reselling (it's like £5 a year for a gig of space) and he's not bothering renewing his deal, doesn't sell any or even use it these days.

Don't need anything fancy but a gig of space or so would be good, the ability to use my domain name for my usual email addresses etc etc. Usual stuff really.

Wondering who's good these days for fair money, UK hosting would be good. But don't mind US if it's cheap/reliable and from a "proper" company.

Associate
Hi guys, I'm well out of the loop and have some old basic hosting I use for just pictures etc, linked to an old domain name I have. I also use it for emails. I've had it for years.

I need to move hosting pretty quickly as I buy it via a friend who was reselling (it's like £5 a year for a gig of space) and he's not bothering renewing his deal, doesn't sell any or even use it these days.

Don't need anything fancy but a gig of space or so would be good, the ability to use my domain name for my usual email addresses etc etc. Usual stuff really.

Wondering who's good these days for fair money, UK hosting would be good. But don't mind US if it's cheap/reliable and from a "proper" company.

i use god@ddy 100gb storage for under 300 pennies a month, free email etc etc. let your fingers do the work google is your friend :D:D

Associate
Vidahost is great.

If you don't mind US you could get Namecheap shared hosting for £8 for the first year if you don't mind moving again later.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll have a look at some of the suggestions in a bit.

At the moment I pay like £10/year for 1GB space and that's all I'd need really (there's only about 400MB of stuff uploaded), no databases or anything used, just need my email to work OK as well using my domain name. Just basic stuff would be fine I feel but support for PHP and MySQL and so on should I ever find I need it :) So your standard Linux hosting. I see places like 123-reg do it for a couple of quid a month but if I can go cheaper I will do. I'd likely not bother but loads of historic forum threads and so on link to pics on my domain. Shame to mess it all up plus I do host more pics on there :)

Back
Top Bottom