Anybody ride off-road?

Soldato
I don't do trials but I've been known to do a bit of this:

TndO0sj7I7PWPCbvRTi0qfv-4xsZyYkT33X7RMmcmoxRjpr4CHk59av1CLCf-U35xfzOIYKcwGmFeA=w800

RDOGANUpXyZbk8uAITb_t26KKk3slXfkCRstdddZWNzZghYYs0uJhiD7z6lmz6Z2LJxCn0UqHklj_g=w800

And this:

2iNJ7lHD3S9yHjojM3NPCsE6nUJQ1rA2zWTjEG1b3AtX4UabnRFepeNazF7iBMHiTaAuPtmlhDNr3g=w800

y9UwU1YQ4teY6TGEF0v56D4P8z5oZMTIwBp7xBNgakEWcmtukrU6B7Oq56NhL7lzwhyXWHOhoxQWqA=w800

s3MMiybTUF6ic8i737dw1pwRLzJBmZZeVvb0eYlu9sLd10P7DtPBAd0qCrqIK8dzh5mUlSlWJLh3dA=w800

More often than not it ends up like this:

vBZvfYQAYbBdOHsn0NxWIBuFOnljKrn_IaCOz3UpXKZ0kAoZWDGzYG--RRDLrWGUUtqQ4PwWg4D0Eg=w800

Trials is definitely a good place to develop your off road skills though.

Last edited:
Associate
I've joined a local trials club, that way I can legally practice whenever I like, I'll probably enter some events too.

Earl Shilton?

Looks like they've got a good setup going, been on the lookout for a cheap trials bike for a while and that'd be my closest club.

Man of Honour
OP
Earl Shilton?
Yeah, they have an event on Sunday, so I'm going to go and take a look. I'll probably actually pay up from January on as the bike needs a bit of work before I use it properly - it's a bit expensive to join in November just for a month.

Here is the beast. My mum thought it was a kids bike. She doesn't know a lot about trials!

Beta.jpg

Associate
I had a rev3 awesome bike. Fell to pieces often, but still better than a gasgas. Motul 10w30 for the gearbox is the best imo. Maybe need a fresh tyre. So long as you can do a figure of 8 on full lock you are good enough to do a competition.

regret selling mine.

Man of Honour
OP
I had a rev3 awesome bike. Fell to pieces often, but still better than a gasgas. Motul 10w30 for the gearbox is the best imo. Maybe need a fresh tyre. So long as you can do a figure of 8 on full lock you are good enough to do a competition.

regret selling mine.

Yeah I just picked up a new Michelin X11 for the back. The front is a lot better but could still do with replacing.

Soldato
ShakenNstirred has an old Suzuki banger he takes off-road :p

That's a bit mean :p

lol yep its 37 year old Beamish Suzuki 250, I'm doing classic trials
it not as extreme as modern trials, but it is harder in 1 area, you have to keep forward motion.
None of the balancing still and even rolling back that you can do in modern trials.
You stop in the old rules we run with at you get 5 points

Last edited:
Soldato
is this a trials thread or off-road as in trails thread ? I don't ride trials, but i do ride trails. Lots of.. Actually IMHO road riding is boring in comparison. I have a modified KLX250, which is now a KLX351, with a mikuni pumper carb, and fmf exhaust. I have probably what is equivalent to London and the surrounding counties, of no-mans land maybe 8miles from my door step. From there, i'll see bear, alligator, snakes, deep water swamps, sugar sand, mud. Only thing is if you break down, you may have a long walk back... I'm always nervous when i go off-road, with the what ifs.... actually truth be told, you always have a moment, every time, be it a front wheel wash out in sand that you saved, or nearly running over an alligator that seemed to have just blended in with the shadows.. Or go thru water that just gets deeper and deeper, til you're thinking not good. If i leave early in the morning for a 100mile round trip, i quite often see no-one for 80 of those miles.

KLX351_1.jpg

KLX351_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom