I'm having a quarter life crisis

Associate
Awesome upgrade.

I think Porsche really nailed the 991 - inside and out. Retains the classic shape yet really manages to pull it off with a modern twist (rear lights for example).

Well played sir :cool:

Soldato
Vox is genuine guy, sent me a car part for free a year or so back - no ifs or buts and wouldn't take any money either. Not even for postage.

I've known him do stuff like this for other people too. Hope he continues to do well in life and with his motoring portfolio.

Soldato
It's a lovely car. I just find it amazing how a 22 year old who lives at home can drop £70k on a car.

If you don't plan on moving out and are earning £30k a year it's incredibly easy to do so. People have different priorities, if I hadn't of moved out I'd be doing exactly what this guys done.

Caporegime
If you don't plan on moving out and are earning £30k a year it's incredibly easy to do so. People have different priorities, if I hadn't of moved out I'd be doing exactly what this guys done.

I did the same. 40k house deposit at 23. By 40 I should be mortgage free. Then I can have a real mid life crisis :D. I still remember that time with all that money sitting in the bank pondering a 18 month old R35! Then the other half brought me back down to earth :(

Soldato
I did the same. 40k house deposit at 23. By 40 I should be mortgage free. Then I can have a real mid life crisis :D. I still remember that time with all that money sitting in the bank pondering a 18 month old R35! Then the other half brought me back down to earth :(

Nothing wrong with doing it the other way around - then you can have a proper mid-life blowout in your 40s.

Man of Honour
He'd have a meltdown if he saw the 599 owned by a guy with a small tatty 3 bed in my old neck of the woods. Doesn't even have a garage from what I can see as it's always on the drive.

I was told on a thread a while back, that no wealthy people drive cheap normal cars or would ever think of driving mundane stuff to go to the shops and that I was making stuff up because of this 'fact'. Vox has obviously gone out and bought this car himself and good on him. So what if he lives at home with parents or he has a small house. Experience has shown me in 20 years time people like him will probably have a nice big house in the countryside, a supercar, some cheap runabout, but will still be facing comments from people in 2 bed semis that they don't know what success looks like and that real wealthy people would never have a cheap run about and would use only a RR to go to McDonalds.

To add you can't really get finance on cars like this easily when bought privately as pretty much all finance houses need an invoice from a limited company. Now I don't seek to dig into anyone's finances or seek any comment as that is no ones business, but people might want to consider this fact. Having a 60K car on your drive without finance, is not something most people on this forum would ever be in a position to do, no matter how big their house.

Soldato
When buying my used M135i and switching finance from BMW's lovely 10% loan to Sainsbury's 3%, I had over £45k credit at one point without even trying. It's amazing what a good credit score will enable you to achieve, quite scary too as £45k on one car is both achievable for me and entirely stupid.

And that's me being moved out of my folks place, too. If I were still at the family home... well there probably would be a £45k motor on dads drive! :D

As with Housey I'm not prying into any one persons finance in this thread other than my own, but if you're clever and in a semi fortunate position, getting into decent cars isn't particularly difficult.

Man of Honour
quite scary too as £45k on one car is both achievable for me and entirely stupid.

Heh - yeah - I really want to dump a load of money on a GTR but in my position it would be both achievable and incredibly stupid :( that said not too bothered about picking one up down the line when they are old news and a lot cheaper.

I was told on a thread a while back, that no wealthy people drive cheap normal cars or would ever think of driving mundane stuff to go to the shops

I've seen someone with a net worth in excess of half a billion driving a clapped out old Renault Megane before heh - thought it had to be a look alike but later found out he does actually own it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom