Can this deep scratch be fixed?

Associate
Hey guys,

Feeling pretty gutted, just come back from my first LAN and my monitor must have clipped the corner of my case in the boot of the car and now I have a 2" scratch down it. Its pretty deep, well deep enough to make the plastic bead up on either side of the scrath and show as a white line when the screen is off.

The monitor is not that old so pretty annoyed to be honest.

Is there anything I can try and get it fixed or is it just a case of replacing it?

I was toying on a 4k monitor and a 1080Ti when they come out so this might just be the trigger to make that happen.

Any advise on how to make a pretty awesome weekend go back to being awesome and not "Ah crap this sucks"

Cheers

Heres the pics....if that helps over colours it isn't so bad but really obvious in on black.

Ps yea my monitor really really really needs a clean lol

Associate
OP
I think the scratch looks quite minor.

Did you wear the monitor on your head whilst paintballing for the weekend ?

Nuke it from Orbit tbh.

Would a scratch repair kit do anything or is it just snake oil?

I do a lot of painting at my desk so it does get a bit ******, plus I am rubbish for actually giving it a clean....not that it shows :D

Associate
You can actually remove the anti glare layer. It's just a thin sheet of plastic glued on top of the lcd panel. You can remove it simply with wet paper towels (Google it). I've done this before and it's relatively easy to do

Back
Top Bottom