Overwatch

Soldato
Was 55 season 1
Season 2 started 2500 and was stable there then plummeted to 2010(!) After I had 7 games when people disconnected unbelievably. The lower ranks can be incredibly frustrating as people pick what they want or rage quit.

Solo grind back up to 2500 and beyond. Now sitting at 2610. The process has actually made me a better player. There are some character you can "carry" with. Prior to the drop my main was tracer but she cannot carry a team.

I cycled through a few heroes to get out of the 2200 - 2300s. Basically ended up using pharah and zarya. Tracer is obsolete in maps that have lots of corridors. I think the next hero test out is reaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing last couple of days and had to turn chat volume off due to so many idiots with shouting down mic or playing music, real shame as I love this game but finding more and more annoying people playing it, worst was playing a game and getting some good tactics going with a few other players then all of a sudden a kid starts screaming down the mic, did my head in so quit game.

Fergin

Just mute everyone the moment you log on. What I do. As far as I'm concerned I'm just playing a single player game.

Associate
been playing with player vol muted now and indeed treating as single player like you , had a few games which was o.k with team chat but getting more and more annoying especially with folks thinking its cool to play music in background constantly. Still enjoying game though, more maps would be nice !!!!!!!

Fergin

Associate
I gave it a try earlier seeing as it's free this weekend. I can't aim for ****. My brain just isn't sending the right signals to my fingers. :D I'm just so used to playing these type of games on PC.

Soldato
Highest rank is 3.2k this season, but since the patch, literally can't win it seems, now back to 2.7k. they've buffed soldier hugely. Mercy needs some more loving considering I main her.

Associate
I'm finding the balance of teams is completely off at the moment. Very rarely get any tanks play in teams and seem to be ending up with Hanzo, Widowmaker and Sombra on every team I join. I end up playing a healer and then have no one to help cover me.

Soldato
Is this game worth getting on PS4? How is it playing now? Servers OK? Hitreg etc? I like the idea of team based classes but a quick flick through the thread and it sounds like you just have to lonewolf it unless you are in a team of mates.

Sound like it is really tactical though, which I like. I played Tribes a lot and that is a game where you play your role for the good of the team. Team progress/score is the only thing that matters.

Soldato
Is this game worth getting on PS4? How is it playing now? Servers OK? Hitreg etc? I like the idea of team based classes but a quick flick through the thread and it sounds like you just have to lonewolf it unless you are in a team of mates.

Sound like it is really tactical though, which I like. I played Tribes a lot and that is a game where you play your role for the good of the team. Team progress/score is the only thing that matters.

I hadn't played it for a while but started again this week, it's very good on PS4 no issues, servers etc are good. The best FPS game this year imo

Soldato

Servers are solid. However it is a team game and it works better, even a 2 man team works as then have comms and an plan, playing in 6 is super intense and the most fun I've had across most FPS games i've played.

Soldato
Managed to get in like 2 games tonight. Loving the feel of this already. No ADS so feels more old school TF2 / Quake like. I was someone called pharo i think - had a jump pack and a rocket launcher. Absolutely devestating class!! Need to get to grips with the classes and the server rules. The 2nd game server had a rule of no tank or healing classes. Early days yet but so far its a thumbs up from me :)

Soldato
Been playing quick play today (6v6 i think). I have banked 26mins play time with pharah and got 54 eliminations and 14,332 damage. I have no idea if that is good or bad but I love this game! Really dont know why I didnt get it sooner. It is so much fun :)

I was happy with Titanfall 2 but im not enjoying it as much as Overwatch. Maybe the shine will wear off - afterall i have only been playing for 31 mins in total! :p

Man of Honour
Ha ha, it was indeed!

We still play regularly so feel free to join us. My mate is learning roadhog in 3v3 so I didn't get to yoink everyone tonight :(

Soldato
Which team comp were you playing? Just out of curiosity, since its easier to remember what characters we played rather than names.

Soldato
Ha ha, it was indeed!

We still play regularly so feel free to join us. My mate is learning roadhog in 3v3 so I didn't get to yoink everyone tonight :(

Ha yeah it's good for learning new characters. Will add you up later, we normally have a few on too so could work well if we do some ranked games to get a full squad.

Back
Top Bottom