Another title for Murray

Man of Honour
Murray really is the gift that keeps on giving lately. Whether Djokovic has fallen off the boil a bit is kinda irrelevant. Murray has put together a string of wins that only the very best players can even think of doing, and is absolutely deserving of being World Number 1. Now, more than ever he seems to have that belief that the truly great champions have - he seems to know he's going to win. Even more importantly, I think his opponents are starting to think like that as well. That fear factor is hugely important and it's going to be a big thing for him over the next year or two.

Considering the way he's playing, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a maiden Australian Open win for him. After that, it would just be the French left for the career slam, which I genuinely think he is capable of doing.

Not a bad year for him though. Australian Open final. French Open final. Wimbledon Champion. Olympic Champion. ATP World Tour Champion. World Number 1. First time father. Now all he has to do is try and do even better next year :D

Back
Top Bottom