*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
The game is seriously bugged for me since the patch, I get the spinning circle in the top right of the screen that comes and goes, I also get a lot of black screen menus that take ages for it to load the correct stuff, to top it off check out this new clip I uploaded tonight. Black screen within the actual game

A complete bug fest

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/889f51e0-eebd-4d46-a63d-da174ab284ff?gamertag=TEFL0N%20l%20D0N&scid=72010100-7d7f-4105-b34e-3ec552a4c121

I too have been getting this today. Strange indeed.

Soldato
I had the black screen thing once in almost 50 hours.. Hardly a bugfest but there are some niggles for sure. Never had a disconnect during a game. On Xbox to cure the loading spinny icon thing actually quit the game from time to time rather than resume. X to exit, options/start button, quit. It's a lot more stable that way after a restart.

Associate
Any news on maps coming? I know something is dropping in December iron giant or something?

Bored of the vanilla ones now haven't played it in awhile.

Associate
PC master race FTW oh no wait plagued with some issues such as sli support and textures looking iffy due to drivers or something or other :D

Same goes for dishonoured that is a shambles of a PC release already.

If i hadn't invested in my rig already i wouldn't bother keeping it and just purchase everything on PS4 pro for optimal couch gaming but then again star citizen is worth having a pc for.

Soldato
Not sure what they have done to the PS4 Pro version as it did run ok but I have just tried it again and it's not great. It's not as smooth... It runs and looks better on Xbox One S ?

Caporegime
OP
Anyone else notice the server browser is buggered?

On PS4 I cannot find games of conquest, I had filters set for Europe with 1-5 slots, now inget all game types from all over the world.

Not played since the update, bit rubbish.

Associate
Picked this up for XB1 over weekend due to the nice discount (£36 digital on Xbox Store).

Campaign isn't as good as I was hoping so far. Did the intro level and liked the way you died then respawned into a different identity. Nice and new idea. Then it all ended and the real first level started (tank one).

Cut scenes are good and enjoyed it up to a point but the more the story progresses the more it turns into generic one man army cliche territory. I stopped playing at the point where you are meant to single-handedly sweep a village for spare parts. Felt too familiar.

Tried the Gallipoli stage in hope it would be better. It was ok but, again, to me just felt very linear and generic. I wanted it to be more open and sandboxy. I read reviews stating you are never given the sense of being anything other than a small cog in a machine and that appealed. But not getting that feel at all.

I was hoping for a far more adult, gritty, and generally nastier WW1 experience really. Guess you won't find that in a mainstream DICE game at end of the day. The actual production values though are incredible as you expect from DICE.

Think I'll just move onto MP now. Any of the campaign stories particularly worth trying to completion? I might just finish the tank and Gallipoli ones and focus on MP now.

Back
Top Bottom