• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wont boot, help!!

Associate
so comp wont boot. mobo indicates the cpu asthe little cpu light stays on and it wont post.

however it was doing this the other day and after a few retries it would boot up, then run fine all day. so is the cpu dead, is the mobo dead, is it the psu? i dont have any spare things to test oneby one. and im running out of ideas, please any help would be apprecieated

Associate
OP
Try removing memory sticks, then try with just one. I know when my pc wouldn't boot, I figured it was the mobo, so replaced it and all good.

Good luck

tried. tried removeing all then one stick at a time, different sticks, different slots. swapped gpu over too. none worked.

Associate
OP
nope, no beep.

its getting stuck on the cpu test part of the post.

though whats odd is when did the other day would eventually post then run all day long, no issues at all.

Associate
OP
Ah I think your right, cpu very suspect it this case. Try getting a dirt cheap one to test if you can.

thats what im thinking, though i dont get why when the other day when it wouldnt post, then when it eventually did it ran all day, absolutly fine if it was dying.

so am reluctant to buy anything just to see if the mobo is not dead. i hate computers soemtimes.

Associate
I know your pain, when mine went I just went with my gut and got lucky with the diagnosis. Though I did have a spare psu at the time! Turned out to be the board.

You could try reseating the cpu?

Associate
OP
I know your pain, when mine went I just went with my gut and got lucky with the diagnosis. Though I did have a spare psu at the time! Turned out to be the board.

You could try reseating the cpu?

well i could but is that really possible to be the issue? just the cooler is one of the corsair watercooling things so its not a 2 second thing to pop off though if you think its possible ill do it

Back
Top Bottom