One of the best games I've ever played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Soldato
Picked this up on the weekend for $3. I have to say, it's one of the best games I've ever played, not sure why games like this don't get more hype!

Play through was only about 4 hours, but it was gripping the entire way through, story was amazing, awesome unique gameplay, everything about it was just right.

Well worth a try!

Associate
Totally agree. A great example of how to tell a story with the use of game mechanics.

I also believe it was Totalbiscuit's GOTY 2013.

That ending though.......that ending. :(

Soldato
OP
Yeah :(. Although the ending was part of why I thought the game was so genius! None of this 'final boss, you win, everything is happy perfect world' stuff!

Hiding this in spoiler tags as I don't want to give away anything regarding the ending, even if it is just the feeling.

Yup, as you say, it is a perfect example of how to tell a story within a game. They didn't even speak a real language, but it was spot on.

Last edited:
Associate
I have this but I need to get a controller as apparently it needs it to play it...I'm lazy I should really get that thing ordered. Total Biscuit said it was probably the best game he had played in the last 20 years and we'd be talking about it for another 20 years if I remember correctly.

Soldato
OP
I have this but I need to get a controller as apparently it needs it to play it...I'm lazy I should really get that thing ordered. Total Biscuit said it was probably the best game he had played in the last 20 years and we'd be talking about it for another 20 years if I remember correctly.

Yeah, you do need a controller, it's solo co op where you control one character with one stick and another with the other stick, clever and unique stuff :)

Just get yourself an xbox one controller!

I agree it is one of the best games of all time, it's such a shame there was so little hype and it fell under many people's radar. That's how it feels to me, not sure if it was covered more within the 'gaming scene'.

ryu

ryu

Associate
Well worth the £2 in the sale.

I played this on the keyboard all the way up to the saw and the 2 tree's, where the 2nd tree appears next to impossible to cut down with the multiple key inputs at once failing.

Soldato
I believe it had plenty of praise at launch tbh, i did the same and picked it up cheap in a sale and really enjoyed it. I quite like these more story driven games lately. Want to try firewatch i think

Back
Top Bottom