What bargains did you get over the black friday cyber monday weekend ?

Soldato
Bought a TV at 3am, as you do. Realised it didn't have a headphone socket at 5:30am and had to cancel. Shame, it was a nice Samsung telly... well, a lot nicer than the one I have! I didn't realise Apple weren't the only ones dumping perfectly good analogue tech.

I've also been on the lookout for a sort-of gaming laptop, as life is very up in the air these days (actually very on Virgin Rail, but that's less poetic), and got a Lenovo Y700 for £699. 6700HQ, 16GB, 256SSD, 960m. It's a bit more sluggish gamewise than my desktop 7950, but it'll do the job... the job being mainly to stop me looking at silly money 1060 based laptops! Cheapest I saw over the week was £1100 and I couldn't bring myself to hit the buy button.

The weird thing is that the last time I treated myself to a decent laptop it was 2003, and the graphics in it were Radeon 9600, which must mean that this laptop is ten times slower... or something.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Got four Kindle Fire tablets - one for each child and a spare. £30 each. Will be part of their xmas present.

Associate
Microsoft Surface. I have been hankering for a light laptop for ages. The cost of iPad Pro, MacBook, Air & Dell XPS for daily commute - too expensive. So ended up picking up a Surface 4 in the sales.

My expectations, purely an iPad replacement, purchased for basic illustration, films, light gaming (GOG catalogue) and browsing.

Sadly cannot open until Xmas... Now cant wait :)

Associate
Sky deal with a free lg 43" 4K tv, two q boxes, £151 cashback and paying less per month than I do now.

That's amazing. How did you manage that as an existing customer? I spent an hour on phone to different departments trying to get a similar deal and all I got told was it's for new customers only. Would it be because we already have the 50% off for a year deal possibly?

Caporegime
That's amazing. How did you manage that as an existing customer? I spent an hour on phone to different departments trying to get a similar deal and all I got told was it's for new customers only. Would it be because we already have the 50% off for a year deal possibly?

The annual sky shuffle. Swap it each year with my gf. I've cancelled mine, she's a new customer since she left more than 12 months ago :)

Soldato
Few games from CD Keys and MS Store and a 525GB SSD for £87 as I missed that 750GB offer the other day. Still seems a good price for 525GB and I need something to put the new games on (vicious cycle :o)

Was hoping for an offer on some larger external drives (5TB plus) but didn't see anything.

Associate
I bought some photo frames, a bed sheet and a huge glass from a shop. Didn't see anything online that I massively wanted though.

Soldato
The annual sky shuffle. Swap it each year with my gf. I've cancelled mine, she's a new customer since she left more than 12 months ago :)

Thats smart, well played

Bought a TV at 3am, as you do. Realised it didn't have a headphone socket at 5:30am and had to cancel. Shame, it was a nice Samsung telly... well, a lot nicer than the one I have! I didn't realise Apple weren't the only ones dumping perfectly good analogue tec

Most modern TV have USB and all sorts on them, funny if it doesnt allow some improvised connection.

Last edited:
Soldato
Only picked up a 64GB USB stick and Battlestar Galactica boxset on BD.

Didn't really see any laptops I liked the look of and needed to get a couple of things which weren't in a sale to fix some issues I was having with my backup server. Plus I have several things on order which are going to generate some extra costs when I get them so I need to make sure I don't spend the cash to cover that.

Soldato
I ordered the 55" LG OLED telly. Was wanting a new telly for ages as mine has a big black splodge in the corner of the screen and hot had a new one for 8 years so thought I would splash out a bit.

Comes next Friday! Just hope my current 10 year old wall mount will fix it to the wall as I understand the mount points are quite low. Didn't want to waste money on a new one until I knew if it would be ok or not. I have a funny feeling it might need the spacers which came with it which my current TV doesn't use and of course I no longer have the spacers. Will have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom