Retro console and games thread

Man of Honour
UKHD claim Argos are taking orders for certain stores. Possible preorder from Smyth's Toys. Apparently Gameseek were taking orders earlier in the week but who knows if they are genuinely getting stock.

I'm sure they'll be readily available sooner or later.

Soldato
Probably because its plug and play and a legitimate way to own the roms at a reasonable cost?

I hope Nintendo do a SNES model in future.

Considering I'm 38 games from a complete pal b NES collection I own all the roms legitimately anyway.

Also people shouldn't have to pay £300 for diehard on the nes just because DIMtendo don't see the opportunity to make money on selling the roms.

Associate
Considering I'm 38 games from a complete pal b NES collection I own all the roms legitimately anyway.

Also people shouldn't have to pay £300 for diehard on the nes just because DIMtendo don't see the opportunity to make money on selling the roms.

That must be quite the collection! I can appreciate that as a retro gamer.

I guess the goal of the Mini NES is for a small simple box that connects to a HDTV with 30 (really good) games loaded on for not a lot of money.

Plus the fact it comes with an original NES Pad is worth it on its own :D

I think its a really great product. Sega should take note. I'd love a mini Mega Drive and Master System.

Soldato
I love the look but also loved the £30 price they originally stated but after interest rocketed they upped the rrp then the whole world went crazy, I'll stick with the original that I never play

Associate
I have been getting back into my retro gaming of late and have picked up a few systems but they look terrible on my led tv and i dont have room for a crt screen .Looking to pick a RGB framemeister. Can anyone recommend an importer or a uk seller i can pick one up from?

Man of Honour
I have been getting back into my retro gaming of late and have picked up a few systems but they look terrible on my led tv and i dont have room for a crt screen .Looking to pick a RGB framemeister. Can anyone recommend an importer or a uk seller i can pick one up from?

That's an expensive route to go down.

I've just had a quick look around an maybe Amazon Japan might be a good option. You'll have to create a new account, even if you have a UK Amazon account already.

But you won't see much change from £400.

Maybe used on eBay is another option but completed listings are still around the £300 mark.

Maybe look at getting a £30-40 upscaler to start with and see how committed to retro you still are after a while before investing £300 or more.

Personally I'd try and find room for a CRT TV, even if it's just a 14" portable and spend the money you've saved on games.

This came yesterday. Another import PS1 game in a standard CD case.

This one came out in PAL regions but I only paid £13 delivered for it from Amazon Marketplace of all places, so cheaper than the PAL version by about 50%. I've got a few more on order from there as well that are way below eBay prices.

Associate

I've just had a quick look around an maybe Amazon Japan might be a good option. You'll have to create a new account, even if you have a UK Amazon account already.

Maybe used on eBay is another option but completed listings are still around the £300 mark.

Maybe look at getting a £30-40 upscaler to start with and see how committed to retro you still are after a while before investing £300 or more.

Personally I'd try and find room for a CRT TV, even if it's just a 14" portable and spend the money you've saved on games.

This one came out in PAL regions but I only paid £13 delivered for it from Amazon Marketplace of all places, so cheaper than the PAL version by about 50%. I've got a few more on order from there as well that are way below eBay prices.

One of the few games I kept, best played with a dual shock and it blows your arms off :D

Associate

I have been playing emulators on my psp for a long time now . I have a nes ,snes , gamecube ,N64, and a Dreamcast that have sat in the loft for years with plenty of games . Recently picked up a Megadrive and a Pc engine . Im all into retro gaming and have been for a long time just not had the room to have them all wired up . Now i have i need an upscaller as i said before i dont have room for a crt.

Associate
Shame most of the image links are broken a real gem of retro gaming.

Speaking of which i had a look in the attic at my mothers awhile back and a boxed N64 unused with a copy of turok and goldeneye is lurking up there i had intended to pass it onto my nephew but hes got a xbox 360 so i imagine he would snif at the graphics :D

Also my old commodore 64 and snes with about 20 cartridges including my favourite Mario kart.

I will have to go grab them soon and post some pics!

Associate
Added a NES & Gameboy Advance to the collection now and run out of room.

Built this for my Retro gaming nights with my mates - was fed up with "carting" hehe - boxes of cables about.

Raspberry Pi 3 running Retro pie
Ikea Lack table
2 x USB Joysticks
USB Keyboard and fake PS3 USB pad
Running off an Anker battery pack - so just a HDMI needed. Got about 10 hours off the last charge

Let the kids have the Sharpies for a little Retro colouring :)

lack-pie.jpeg

Managed to get the multitap support working on the SNES emulator - 3 player Bomberman was epic.

Soldato
Traded in GTA V for Xbox One and some 360 games, came home with this! After a little spend on the PS1 games! Very very happy :D

Tommi Makkinen Rally
V2000
No Fear Downhill Mountain Biking
Motorcross Mania
Castrol Honda VTR
Castrol Honda Superbike Racing
Full Auto 2 Battlelines
Oblivion GOTY Edition
Ridge Racer 7
Ichi the Killer
Naked Gun Trillogy
Tokyo Extreme Racer.

£22 left in credit not counting the cost of the PS1 games, £22 for my stepdad to have his haul.

n7O7B7V.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom