theHunter: Call of the Wild

Caporegime
well as many of you know i play theHunter and the team Expansive Worlds sister to company of Avalanche studios have just announced a new hunting game on a brand new engine trailer here

theHunter: Call of the Wild

you can register for the beta here

http://callofthewild.thehunter.com/en/#

the specs are very high.

i5 min i7 recommended.its going to be a great looking game.awesome to have the game brought upto date. :cool:

Caporegime
OP
hunting is a massive deal.

there is a very small amount of hunting games.this is on a brand new engine.

i5 min spec,i7 recommended.its going to look stunning.

i originally got into the classic version from this very forums.its been one of the best games i ever played.period.

if you play theHunter you will know its not about getting the rarest.its a whole community game.lots play it comps every day prizes.also steep learning curve.

Soldato
Just checked my TheHunter account I had. I last played the game back in 2011 when I bought the "Trailrunner" Membership Bundle for 59.99 (I presume USD). Now that upgrade is only 49.99.

I might load this up again to give it a go and depending on the price point of the new one, I may end up buying.

Soldato
Wow looks beautiful! I haven't played the hunter in ages! I remember it having a big learning curve, but I still remember the feeling of getting that kill in after hunting for so long! Think I might check out thehunter again :D Thanks for the link also DG, will register for the beta!

Soldato
What is it about shooting nice animals? I'd rather be tearing demons apart in Doom(with amazing graphics and a story,sound)... whatever floats your boat. Sounds like that boring fishing game that got all the armchair Carp anglers excited.

Soldato
What is it about shooting nice animals? I'd rather be tearing demons apart in Doom(with amazing graphics and a story,sound)... whatever floats your boat. Sounds like that boring fishing game that got all the armchair Carp anglers excited.

It's like everything though right? I don't think I'll ever understand why people play Farming Simulator, but they have a huge following. Different strokes for different blokes :p

Soldato
@Dave, it's a sport.

The gender of the animal, the weight, size location, wind direction all plays a part.

If you follow tracks and spot a deer at few hundred pounds it's a great objective to shoot down. You also get experience with the animals if you track and/or kill which you can level up.

You murder innocent people in GTA too right?..

Soldato
I used to enjoy the Hunter a lot. Was a great looking game when it came out and you really felt you'd achieved something when you finally got that big buck (I always liked hunting mooooose). Will watch with interest, although I don't have as much time for long games these days with a kid.

Soldato

Vegetarian?

Different strokes for different folks. This game is also based on an actual real life activity, much like FIFA or F1.

Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
The trailer makes it sound like the original hunter, but on a newer engine to make it prettier. Not a bad thing as such, but it doesn't say much about what's new in terms of mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom