Bought used car - broke down after one week

Soldato
OP
P.s. don't send them that email you've posted above. It's pretty poor and reinforces to them your nature of being a walk over.

Oh :(

I did send it but thankfully I received a voicemail earlier confirming that they are going to give me a refund :p They'd discussed where they stood with trading standards and apparently received mixed messages from them. Whatever was said though, the result appears to be a positive one.

At least it will be once I actually see the money in my account.

Soldato
OP
Ha the update is that I have finally received my refund and can move on from the whole sorry episode. Not going to name and shame though as the problem has been sorted in the end and that is the main thing.

Thanks to all those that offered advice throughout, it was all very useful and reassuring.

Sgarrista
Commissario
[ASSE]Hinchy;30259134 said:
Ha the update is that I have finally received my refund and can move on from the whole sorry episode. Not going to name and shame though as the problem has been sorted in the end and that is the main thing.

Thanks to all those that offered advice throughout, it was all very useful and reassuring.

Why? I don't get these cop-out replies.

They tried to do you over, only by advice here did you get your refund, someone else may not be so lucky.

Name and shame.

Caporegime
Agree with the above, then Google searches will turn up this thread and help people who are thinking of buying from them... If you leave it, they've essentially gotten away with it.

Caporegime
My Dad bought a car from Shrewsbury once, a MK3 2.0 TDCI Mondeo Zetec Estate which turned out to be clocked, there was then a long drawn out process of getting the car rejected/refunded which eventually had to go through the credit card company and the car went to auction.

Some company with Diamond in the name I think it was.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Sorry for the bump, but are the auto boxes in the Mk2 Touareg prone to going bang, or is the Aisin TR-80SD a solid unit like the ZF?

Back
Top Bottom