Lane hogging.

Soldato
Why do people do it? Is there anyone here who thinks it's acceptable to sit in the outside or middle lane despite not overtaking imminently and having cars behind you? I've asked a few people because it baffles me and no one admits to doing it which is strange because the motorways are flooded with these morons....who exactly is it that's doing this?

Soldato
Why do people do it? Is there anyone here who thinks it's acceptable to sit in the outside or middle lane despite not overtaking imminently and having cars behind you? I've asked a few people because it baffles me and no one admits to doing it which is strange because the motorways are flooded with these morons....who exactly is it that's doing this?

Morons. :p

Man of Honour
Most the people who do it are oblivious to it. Driving their car is about 5 or 6 on the list of things they are doing when they are driving their car, sadly. One or two are belligerent idiots, some are just stupid stupid, but most are just miles away in la la land.

Soldato
Most the people who do it are oblivious to it. Driving their car is about 5 or 6 on the list of things they are doing when they are driving their car, sadly. One or two are belligerent idiots, some are just stupid stupid, but most are just miles away in la la land.

We need some of those EMP things that they had in 2 Fast 2 Furious...

It seems like every other car does this though, it's not 1 out of 100.

It'll feel like that because of how many cars are about though, how many cars do you pass in the slower lanes and how many block the fast lane?

Soldato
I think it's laziness sometimes - But I see it all the time. I just cautiously undercut them so they know what a douchebag they're being :p

Soldato
OP
It'll feel like that because of how many cars are about though, how many cars do you pass in the slower lanes and how many block the fast lane?

Good point.

Personally, I don't think it's acceptable to start a thread in the wrong forum ;)

Well that's open to interpretation. I'm talking about drivers and not the thing they're driving but I can't win that argument against a mod so fair enough.

Soldato
Because they are unaware of what they are doing and thinking about other things unfortunately.

The things that annoys me are people who jump across three lanes as soon as they join the motorway, and then usually the same ones who slam on their brakes in the overtaking lane just before their exit to get back into the left lane, causing people behind to brake and grinding the flow of traffic. These people clearly are aware of what they are doing, but only care for themselves getting to their destination as fast as possible without caring about the effect of their poor driving.

Associate
If somebody is lane hogging, there's nothing (a few things) wrong with getting up their arse and flashing the bejesus out of them. They'll soon move over, and you'll have done a public service for all other road users.

Soldato
I find this happens more at night.

I dont particually care if they sit in the middle lane, i will simply undertake them if the inside is clear, at the end of the day they are the ones breaking the law, not me when i undertake them. (police do pull you if you sit in the middle)

Its when the left lane is busy, and they are simply matching the left lanes speed.
then i flash them a few times or go in front and slow down slightly, this causes them to try and overtake me. I then speed off :p

Great fun, and also gets them thinking.

Soldato
OP
If somebody is lane hogging, there's nothing (a few things) wrong with getting up their arse and flashing the bejesus out of them. They'll soon move over, and you'll have done a public service for all other road users.

Flashing is one thing but 'getting up their arse' puts you in a similar category to them in my opinion. Not clever, dangerous and unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom