Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Running the 64 bit dx11 client in windowed mode, so far been loads smoother, & no problems yet, they still havent sorted the patch times (allocating space/checking resources) on mech drives yet tho o0

Soldato
Having tried most ARPGs I must say that POE is the best one, by far. It took everything that made D2 great and improved it all the while adding its own flavour and, of course, complexity.

Yeah, I agree. Whilst playing through I did think for a while that Grim Dawn was the better game, but now I've finished NG on both, the only one I'm motivated to return to for NG+ runs is PoE. Amazing that it's a free-to-play game.

Associate
Interesting changes for this league.
I am liking the switch to DX11 for better performance and 64bit.
Many builds that fill the screen will suit this.

Now, what to play.....

Associate
News on 2.6 & 3.0 came out last night, 2.6 is going to have legacy league mods available, 3.0 is the big one, 6 new acts & cruel & merciless difficulty removed.

Soldato
Not yet, its 3.0 which will have one levelling system, think thats coming around midsummer, we have the 3 month league of 2.6 first.

Sorry I got that it wasn't until later year but when it dies land it's just solely one difficulty?

What is the idea for farming then? I thought the idea behind higher difficulties is for farming and replayability?

Associate
Sorry I got that it wasn't until later year but when it dies land it's just solely one difficulty?

What is the idea for farming then? I thought the idea behind higher difficulties is for farming and replayability?

The Atlas system is the end game, were you run maps at different tier levels to progress your character, gain levels, better loot etc. It's actually quiet deep when you understand it as you can complete the map tiers you want and influence the map drops you get. There are also sextant mods you can apply to the atlas that give a few charges and change aspects of the maps. Finally you can "shape" certain maps and they get upgraded by map tiers, so you can run certain maps at a higher tier for better exp and drops etc.

The one run through is a great change imho. Once youve leveled half a dozen characters to end game it really does get tiresome re running the same content over and over. In the 3.0 youll just run the campain once per new character and end up at end game ready to start mapping.

Associate
like the look of the news, was seriously fed up with playing through the game 3 times to get to maps. :)
while people mention it, yes it's free, but i've probably spent more money on it than any other game :eek::(

Associate
2.6 patch notes are due in a day or two...
The last chance to play Cruel and Merciless - oh the memories of those "difficulties" .....

Then 3.0 in the horizon - is it a game changer for Path Of Exile?

Back
Top Bottom