***kickstarter***

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I wasn't aware of this, on the pebble time 2

So technically i have bought a product (that i have not received yet) that is going to be phased out as soon as i get it.

Tempted to push for a refund now.

Soldato
"Vue is the world's first pair of smart glasses"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vue/vue-your-everyday-smart-glasses

I'm keeping my eye on this and will buy a pair if it works.

I'm tempted. Been after a new pair of glasses.

I'll probably pass though. Cool as they seem, there's too much that could go wrong. It's impossible to try the glasses on before buying to make sure they fit. They're plastic frames with no adjustment. The refund policy isn't clear. There's only a 30 day warranty.

It's the lack of clarity over the refund policy that kills it. If theyre crap, if they don't fit, if they get the prescription wrong, there's zero clarification over what they plan to do. Probably nothing. If it was a UK-based business, maybe I'd take the punt. But having to deal with a business thousands of miles away if there's any problems doesn't seem appealing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I wasn't aware of this, on the pebble time 2

So technically i have bought a product (that i have not received yet) that is going to be phased out as soon as i get it.

Tempted to push for a refund now.

no you haven't and if you think this you need to stop using kickstarter.
you have funded a company and as a reward you get something in return, however you have no legal recourse if you don't get it.

however fair few have given refunds in the passed, and even more haven't.

Soldato
no you haven't and if you think this you need to stop using kickstarter.
you have funded a company and as a reward you get something in return, however you have no legal recourse if you don't get it.

however fair few have given refunds in the passed, and even more haven't.

Of course he has - he has (like me) purchased a device that is going to be essentially DOA. It will be a useless device without the ongoing support and development of the Android application.

As a kickstarter creator their obligation is as follows:

What is a creator obligated to do once their project is funded?

When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised. Once a creator has done so, they’ve fulfilled their obligation to their backers.

The work that was promised is VERY extensive and covers all the functionality of the devices, Pebble and Core, and as such if that functionality ceases from 1 year after receiving the item then they're in breach of their own terms and you're due a refund.

Moreover you're covered by a right of return with Pebble:

https://help.getpebble.com/customer/portal/articles/1309485-refund-policy

Man of Honour
OP
no, you do not purchase anything from kickstarter and no you are not covered by pebble .

if you purchased through pebble thats differnet, but this is a kickstarter thread. ou do not purchase anything and there is no guarentee that you will get anything or a refund on kickstarter projects, just another person who shouldnt be using kickstarter. There has been many kickstarter projects that have failed and have resulted in no item or refunds. How you cna think otherwise is extremely odd.

Kickstarter Basics: Accountability

Who is responsible for completing a project as promised?

It's the project creator's responsibility to complete their project. Kickstarter is not involved in the development of the projects themselves.

Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it.

How do backers know if a project will follow through?

Launching a Kickstarter is a very public act, and creators put their reputations at risk when they do.

Backers should look for creators who share a clear plan for how their project will be completed, and who have a history of bringing their creative ventures and other projects to fruition. Creators are encouraged to share links and as much background information as possible so backers can make informed decisions about the projects they support.

If a creator has no demonstrable experience in doing something like their project or doesn't share key information, backers should take that into consideration. Does the creator include links to any websites that show work related to the project, or past projects? Does the creator appear in the video? Have they connected via Facebook?

Don't hesitate to request information from a creator. You can always reach out before pledging via the "Contact me" button on the project page.

Last edited:
Soldato
no, you do not purchase anything from kickstarter and no you are not covered by pebble .

if you purchased through pebble thats differnet, but this is a kickstarter thread. ou do not purchase anything and there is no guarentee that you will get anything or a refund on kickstarter projects, just another person who shouldnt be using kickstarter. There has been many kickstarter projects that have failed and have resulted in no item or refunds. How you cna think otherwise is extremely odd.

It's lovely that you think so but you're wrong. Pebble specifically cover your purchase. You should probably read the Ts&Cs before firing off...

What is the policy on cancellations and refunds?

Until the end of the campaign, your pledge is completely within your control. Simply tap the Manage Your Pledge” button at the top of the screen, and you can adjust your pledge amount or cancel your pledge.
If your situation changes after the campaign is successful but before we begin shipping, please contact our Support Team by clicking the “Ask a question” button below.
If you are not satisfied with your Pebble 2, Time 2, or Core for any reason, you have 30 days from the time of delivery to request a refund.

https://help.getpebble.com/customer/portal/articles/1831451-kickstarter-frequently-asked-questions

Man of Honour
OP
it is not a purchase, something you need to understand. Despite what you keep saying.

ok pebble theoretically covers you, i got that wrong, but that is very different to 99% of kickstarter projects and something you need to realise and be aware of before funding more on such sites. for vast majority there is zero recourse.
Also with so much debt and a take over their optional cover might not be worth anything. Like any failed project all you can do is try. thankfully ony had one project like that (Arkyd) and we all got refunds.

again kickstarter is not a shop, you aren't covered by the same regulations as a consumer and its dangerous to wright and think you are.
its also why its poor form for established companies to use it and why its best avoided. Same for projects that are successful then do multiple rounds of the same project, rather than selling it through their on website, amazon etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone backed this universal remote project? It's called the Sevenhugs Smart Remote. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/901859853/sevenhugs-smart-remote-the-first-remote-for-everyt
Looked interesting so decided to back it. Seems to have an impressive list of supported devices, with more on the way. Never backed any tech on kickstarter before so fingers crossed they deliver. Essentially it's a small remote that uses sensors set up in your room to gain positional awareness so that when you point it at any number of electronic and smart devices, the display screen adapts to control that device. Whether it be a tv, sound system, or even smart bulbs or outlets.
If anyone is interested in backing it, would greatly appreciate using my referral link to do so: http://HQCSogAV.kckb.st (not sure if that's permitted but happy to edit it out if not)

Last edited:
Associate
I requested a refund on the 24th and received on the 29th so they (Pebble) are processing refunds. Shame really don't think anything out there matches the Time 2 in terms of style and battery life.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well mine has still not shipped, Going to give them another week then going to cancel.

Shame really.

Associate
And as per the latest update it's confirmed.

Anything not shipped will be refunded.

By March.

I get they don't have to worry about PR now but that's disgusting tbh.

Associate
Crazy, glad I got my refund when I did. Absolute shame that there doesn't seem to be any real alternatives to the Time 2. I'll have to get a normal watch :p

Back
Top Bottom