Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Associate
For a tip, sign up to any random bank account that isn't Nationwide or Halifax. Use it for your betting shenanigans for a few months, then swap to Halifax and bag their £100 free switch bonus, then swap to Nationwide for theirs. Easiest money I ever made.

This is amazing fun, I must be honest, Amiga is on a whole different level to me, I'm still relatively small fry but I just bought all my wife's xmas pressies with my profit which was great :)

Was going to go for Llyods. What's a good starting sum or does YesBets go through all of this? Haha, thanks for the headsup on the account switching.
On a side note, I got some free spins on Betway the other day for depositing £10. Had to wager 40 x 10 so £400 to cash out any winnings on the bonus spins. Well, luck was well and truly with me as I ended up cashing out £555! Brilliant early Christmas present there! I could use some of this cash as my starting sum (although I have spent a little of it haha!).

Caporegime
Well done :D

I never got an email so I dont think it worked. Give me 5 mins and I'll send you a link. You can start with 50 minimum but the more you have the more consecutive offers you can do. If you're still learning the ropes then I'd say 300 is a good starting point as it won't be enough for you to get carried away, you'll be forced to wait for bets to settle and withdrawals to process so it gives you time to think about it all. The biggest thing is taking your time, being in a hurry leads to mistakes and they can be costly ;)

Caporegime
Oh and for those not yet aware, Coral Connect is the shiznay. Seriously, use it. £25 in free bets a week for a qualifying loss of about £2. Only problem is you have to go in store for it.

Soldato
On what basis do they restrict people, they figure you are too careful and calculating so not profitable for them ?

TBH a lot of people who do Matched Betting are over paranoid. If the bookies actually had a specific problem with Matched Betting then they could wipe the hobby out pretty quickly; they already track each others odds, so all they'd need to do is add in the exchanges and then look for people who regularly place low QL bets, use high-return markets for free bets, and regularly target offers. The hobby would be dead within 6 months.

The reality is, they aren't bothered enough to make the effort. The most common reason why people get gubbed is pretty simple; the bookie has decided you aren't going to be profitable in the long term. Your use of offers has effectively reversed their edge, and they can't afford to let that continue.

Associate
Just want to make sure I've got my initial steps sorted before starting:

Stage 1

- New email account for MB.
- New bank account purely for MB money.
- £200 - £15 of which would be spent on Yesbets/ £175 to be the MB bank / £10 to sit in the bank account as I like to leave an emergency tenner.

Stage 2

- Read through all the Yesbets advice and tutorials to get an understanding of what I'm doing.
- Start small. Any extra money is money I did not have before and therefore a bonus.
- Have realistic targets. So I'm not expecting to make a £1000 in my first month but something like £100 would be a nice, realistic starting point. Again, anything else is a bonus on top of that bonus.

Stage 3

- Hopefully profit!
- Keep realistic with the goals.
- Move money as and when to my primary account. I've not decided on the details of this yet.

Sorry to go over everything, but I like to have a step-by-step plan where my money is concerned. How does the above sound?

Caporegime

Stage 1

- £200 - £15 of which would be spent on Yesbets/ £175 to be the MB bank / £10 to sit in the bank account as I like to leave an emergency tenner.

Stage 2

- Read through all the Yesbets advice and tutorials to get an understanding of what I'm doing.
- Start small. Any extra money is money I did not have before and therefore a bonus.
- Have realistic targets. So I'm not expecting to make a £1000 in my first month but something like £100 would be a nice, realistic starting point. Again, anything else is a bonus on top of that bonus.

Stage 3

- Hopefully profit!
- Move money as and when to my primary account. I've not decided on the details of this yet.

Sorry to go over everything, but I like to have a step-by-step plan where my money is concerned. How does the above sound?

Pretty much bang on. Personally, I'd suggest starting with Sky's fiver-a-week bet offer first. It'll help you build bank slowly and if you have a Coral near you then do that as well, these are guaranteed profit and you can bet on whatever you want. Stick to footie first as the odds move slowly. Horses can move very rapidly and don't even get me started on greyhounds. Tennis is a minefield as different bookies have different rules so often a bet will get cancelled, so only start on those when you're VERY clued up on it. Golf is the same, stay away until you're experienced. Pick a few football teams and make them your "regulars", ie. try bet on them for qualifying bets so it looks like you're just betting on your favourite teams. For free bets I usually turn to horses but football can also be good. I can't reiterate this enough, be very careful with horses. NEVER bet on horses unless you have more than enough time to calculate lays if the odds shift. I've made this mistake countless times and it's probably cost me a few hundred over the last year.

Also, use Smarkets as your exchange as their commission is lower than Betfair. Betfair is good for obscure markets and higher liquidity but unless you're betting on the Japanese High School Under 19 netball team to win the first half and lose the second half of their game, Smarkets usually has it covered. Obscure markets will also get you gubbed very quickly so stay away.

Any questions, ask away :)

Scara > I don't know. Might be worth asking on chat.

Associate
Awesome, thank you so much for all the advice on setting up.

Stage 1 is nearly done. I have new bank details coming next week, an email ready to go and the money waiting to be deposited. Once the details come through, I can transfer funds to the new account and use that to go with a months YB subsription. Then it will be stage 2... :D

Soldato

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

- Hopefully profit!

If you're joining yesbets I recommend joining their facebook group. A really good, friendly community. Any questions, never mind how stupid you may think it is, just ask on there and everyone will jump at the chance to help you out.

Associate
Can you do this if you're gubbed on the Coral website as I thought they linked the card to your online user ID?

Yes you can still get this promo if you're gubbed online. I do it every week and both free bets appear every week. Although I am also stake restricted online so I have to use my online tenner on an enhanced odds bet , otherwise they only give me a penny stake

Caporegime
Hills High 5, Betfred's horse offer, PP 2nd to SP, boosted sign up odds on TLCbet & Fun88 mainly. Redbet's offers, Sunbets, to name a few. I've been going nuts this past week.

Back
Top Bottom