**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
I'm having a very strange issue - I can't record any audio on videos (taken with the camera, or snapchat or any app). However I can make and receive phone calls fine and the caller can hear me perfectly well.

Has anyone had this issue/know of a way to fix it? I have tried factory resetting which hasn't helped at all.

Associate
Getting sick of this phone now. Losing the sim card and having to reboot pretty much every day. "OK Google" works when it wants to. Not when I want it to.
The first of my 3 nexus phones I've come to hate.
Going to get rid and get a windows phone.

Soldato
Getting sick of this phone now. Losing the sim card and having to reboot pretty much every day. "OK Google" works when it wants to. Not when I want it to.
The first of my 3 nexus phones I've come to hate.
Going to get rid and get a windows phone.

Losing the Sim card ? The 6p is an incredible phone. Maybe you should RMA it first

Associate
It's just restarted in my pocket. Which is another common occurrence.
As for it being incredible. It really isn't. It's just a phone.

RMA isn't an option. The metal case has bent back a little tiny bit on one of the corners. Even though it's been in a case since the day I got it and it's never been dropped. I think it happened removing the spigen case.

Soldato
It's just restarted in my pocket. Which is another common occurrence.
As for it being incredible. It really isn't. It's just a phone.

RMA isn't an option. The metal case has bent back a little tiny bit on one of the corners. Even though it's been in a case since the day I got it and it's never been dropped. I think it happened removing the spigen case.

You can still send it in for repair, I have done that with my broken headphone jack. I have lots of dents and chips on my mine.

Soldato
Grrrrrr all my pictures have disappeared from my phone. I don't know how. They are on Google photos but I liked a offline version. 4 years worth were on the phone. Anyone know a easy way of getting them back ?

Soldato
Well today I've just noticed a kink in the frame right where the volume rocker button is. This is the second Nexus 6p this has happened too. Absolutely ridiculous build quality. (No I don't wear skinny jeans and put it in my pocket when I sit down). I wonder if instead of a replacement phone, they'll offer store credit. This has really put me off the Nexus brand.

Soldato
OP
Grrrrrr all my pictures have disappeared from my phone. I don't know how. They are on Google photos but I liked a offline version. 4 years worth were on the phone. Anyone know a easy way of getting them back ?

Thanks - a timely reminder to update the backup on my PC.

Do you have a PC backup?

Associate
Is there a service through Google of getting a screen replaced on the 6p? Managed to drop it last night and chipped some glass from around the ear piece, I don't fancy cutting my ear to ribbons when making a call!

I really don't fancy some backstreet phone repair place, would much prefer direct to google if it's something they do?

Back
Top Bottom