Upgrading new MBP

Associate
Am just about to order a new MBP, but wondering about the possibility of upgrading the RAM and HDD. My previous MBP I upgraded both which made a massive difference to the performance and with the crazy price Apple charges for upgraded components from new, that was the most sensible option.

Having looked around t'interweb, I can't see anything saying you can or can't. Crucial say they have no upgrades available.

Is this because like the Air, it's all integrated, or is it just too early in the product cycle for companies to be able to say?

Price difference is huge for upgraded SSD for example, so would like to be able to do it myself. Otherwise I'll probably just have to stump up the up front price unfortunately.

Associate
OP
Are you surprised? :p

No, not really after they did it with the MacBook Air to be honest. But hoped they wouldn't. Am sure they'll blather on about iCloud storage etc, but it's still a little galling that simple things like this can't be upgraded. You have to splash at the start.

Just feels like a backhanded way of making money. In the scheme of things, I can't imagine it actually makes that much money for them compared to their yearly profits but also can't imagine it overly costs them to have user upgradeable HDDs/RAM either.

Back
Top Bottom