Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I *LOVE* it on here when people get their knickers in a twist when someone has the audacity to spend their hard earned money on something that costs more than they'd want to spend on a particular item. I shouldn't mention that I've got the 4 slice Heston by Sage toaster which cost about £150.

Anyway. My recent purchases. When 1 switch isn't enough, buy 3.
pbvt0rT.jpg

Snap! I've just gone of these 8 port switch's (Here) and I'm waiting on my US-48 port and the additional AC Pro to arrive.

Id highly recommend the Cloud Key, as I've been most of the weekend setting it up a very good bit of key. It also saves running the Controller in a VM.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
It's not excessive for me. I need PoE, wifi, switching & routing and like having it all managed through a single interface. With Ubiquiti kit that's what I get.

If you think it's excessive then don't buy it for yourself. Simple.

No, just 2 access points and a total of 6 devices using PoE. I could have got away with just 2 PoE switches due to where the PoE powered kit is located but thought I may as well have all the switches the same.

Sorry, I should perhaps have worded it better as it wasn't meant to suggest it was pointless etc.
Hell, I buy all sorts of stuff just because :D
I just really wondered why you would be using essentially business grade products.
From what you say it was more keeping everything you wanted under one brand?
What do you use POE for?

Soldato
Sorry, I should perhaps have worded it better as it wasn't meant to suggest it was pointless etc.
I just really wondered why you would be using essentially business grade products.
What do you use POE for?

The Unifi line which he bought is managed though 1 bit of management software instead of multiple web interfaces.

For example https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30222644&postcount=7

Soldato
They are moving away from proprietary passive 24v poe in new hardware releases.

Excellent news. Standards are standard for a reason - use them!

Id highly recommend the Cloud Key, as I've been most of the weekend setting it up a very good bit of key. It also saves running the Controller in a VM.

Cloud Keys weren't available when I bought my first AP (they'd been announced but no release date was known) but I thought I'd switch to a Cloud Key at some point but now I don't think I'll bother. I've already got the hardware to run VMs so it was no bother to spin up another small Ubuntu VM.

What do you use POE for?

Having a single controller is what I wanted, I didn't mind if there were different brands of hardware but I wanted a single controller. Either that or to do everyting via the CLI.

I'm using PoE for a few things:

- 2 x access points
- Siemens gigaset SIP phone
- Raspberry Pi running Pi-Hole
- 2 x CCTV cameras

Feel like I'll be lynched for saying I just use a BT HomeHub 5... :D

If it wasn't that the HH5 had cruddy wireless and wasn't overly keen to maintain VDSL sync I'd still be using mine.

Soldato
You've got to be a troll. Though to be fair, that kettle does come with free tips such as this:

Heston's Tip: "Dunking your biscuit to make it moist, as well as rehydrating your mouth with a well brewed cuppa, allows your taste buds to detect more flavour and your nose to detect more aroma because your tongue and nasal passages become both warm and moist. The flavour release happens more quickly and is more intense."

I'm so happy I am me.

Actually glass is better for boiling water in than plastic, if I could get a decent glass one cup dispenser then I would, even if it cost twice as much I would do it.

This is my current one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VKJ318-Variable-Dispenser-Black/dp/B002NGNRHC

No one seems to make the same but with glass construction, which is really weird considering you can buy glass kettles.

Soldato
Miele 1600w C3 from Black Friday sale. Great little machine

10or1n5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom