OnePlus 3T

Soldato
This article hints towards it and mentions them reaching sales targets I think -

http://info.localytics.com/blog/google-pixel-wins-black-friday

I believe there are figures somewhere saying it's their best selling phone ever, but I don't have a link for that, no, sorry.

Hmm, I guess a 112% jump is impressive but its probably a lot easier when your shifting a lot less than those its being compared to. I was also just googling this and one article mentioned that Verizon had a massive discount on the pixel which accounted for half the activations.

Fair enough if they're on course to hit their targets though, that's decent.

Soldato
How's that not a flipside?

You'd said that Google had overpriced it and basically that people wouldn't pay that. The OP3 didn't really come in to it. It's as simple as me disagreeing. I didn't say anything about the OP3. I didn't say it wouldn't/hasn't also sold well. It's kind of irrelevant I think. Isn't a 'flipside' usually a negative based around the same point? Like if there profits were down or it took sales away from something else they were selling.

Hell even you were complaining that you couldn't get hold of the Pixel XL soon enough in time to get your youtube review out because the delay would end up costing you money.

Yes, again, I don't see how this relates? I wanted my Pixel on release day as I had a better chance the video would get bit views and therefor make more £££. What has that to do with it's price? That's the same as I am for any big release, highly anticipated phone, no matter the price. The best example was the first Moto G and that was a £100 phone.

**EDIT** Don't get me wrong. It's an expensive phone that I struggle to recommend to people as it's 'bang for buck' probably doesn't meet that of the OP3, but to say Google made a mistake I would suggest is not the case is all.

Last edited:
Associate
I've only heard people on forums say it's too expensive. The average consumer just goes it's the same cost as the iPhone and they choose based on what they like in a phone.

Companies might care what the average consumer does but why should we? I'm not personally too interested in what people do out of ignorance.

If this proves successful for Google, good for them but I don't have to like it as I can't see a justification for this pricing beyond business strategy and that's bad for me as a consumer.

Soldato
Received my OP3T 128GB a few days ago and loving it so far. HOWEVER I'm having all sorts of issues when trying to connect it to my Win10 64bit PC to copy music across.
I've installed the One Plus drivers but windows keeps telling me the device malfunctioned. Can someone please advise on how to resolve this.
My previous phone (Nexus 6P) never had these issues.

Many thanks

I didn't get any issues at all, nor did I install drivers. Once connected, I pull down the bar at the top of the phone, click 'USB charging' and select copy files. The device then showed up as a drive in my computer.

Associate
And that's fine of course, but in this case we were discussing what the average consumer does, so it's kinda the point.

I responding to someone talking about posts on forums...

My point being, it's not actually that important what the average consumer wants because that's probably going to differ from our needs, yes it's important to Google of course but those are two separate things. As I've said before I wish Google all the luck with this approach, I'm not personally happy about it but I understand my needs probably aren't going to be catered to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I responding to someone talking about posts on forums...

My point being, it's not actually that important what the average consumer wants because that's probably going to differ from our needs,

Yes I know, which was posted in a discussion about what the average consumer wants... and your reply was 'why should it bother you'. It shouldn't, but it was very much on topic and relevant to what the poster was discussing. I their whole point was what most people want is different to what a lot of us want... which you've also just agreed with.

Soldato
For all those people receiving their OP3T, has anybody received it from the online OnePlus store? It estimates 4 weeks shipping time :(

I ordered mine 20 minutes after the official release and had an estimated delivery dispatch of December 27th and arrival of 3rd January.

Just got an email now to say it dispatched early but it may not be the same case for someone ordering just now as my order was put in fairly early.

Soldato
Finally got my hands on the 3T and first impressions - it's lived up to my expectations and it's the perfect Nexus alternative for me.

For the price it's superb and you can't knock that plain and simple.

A very silly question - is there a SP preinstalled on the phone? I can't see if there is or not!!

Associate
I ordered mine 20 minutes after the official release and had an estimated delivery dispatch of December 27th and arrival of 3rd January.

Just got an email now to say it dispatched early but it may not be the same case for someone ordering just now as my order was put in fairly early.

Ah ok thanks, I ordered one, but was really wanting it before Christmas.

Finally got my hands on the 3T and first impressions - it's lived up to my expectations and it's the perfect Nexus alternative for me.

A very silly question - is there a SP preinstalled on the phone? I can't see if there is or not!!

What is SP?

Soldato

Mine has one. Either that or it's just really good factory packaging :p No desire to remove it though and I don't really notice it there. You'll definitely see if it has one or not though, just look around the main home button.

Back
Top Bottom