Amazon Go

Caporegime
I remember people saying similar things about self checkouts - and look how many of those exist now.

Besides - you need to identify yourself to enter an Amazon Go store. So the security level is kind of higher than a regular store when you can enter anonymously.

Thieving is massively up from supermarkets since they introduced them.

Time will tell but I expect that the Amazon board is full of people who have never been to, or even heard of <<<insert crap town here>>>, England.

Associate
Some chains trialed that idea themselves over a decade ago and went for self service tills instead.

I remember that being in the news also.

I guess with new tech, Amazon have decided, that it wroth giving it another try.

And even if this trial is a failure, at some point another company will try once again in the future.

Soldato
For you.

My Amazon delivery record is almost flawless, with many things arriving before their ETA if not Prime.

Same here, a few hundred orders over the years, only had two late parcels, both times got a month's extra free prime membership.

As you said, even when stuff isn't prime it often arrives ahead of time, however this is likely the result of a decent third party seller and not amazon.

Associate
I'll just wait until I can click a button and Amazon ram my chosen food stuff straight into my open mouth and my drink is delivered by high pressure hose to wash it down.

Soldato
The end of the checkout girl.

You will be telling your grandkids, "Back in my day a human being had to scan a printed code on every item with a laser beam.....by hand! This was before you could put it in a bag and pay for it with money made from real paper and metal. But then this was in the days when we still had to choose different foods to eat, we didn't have nutrocell implants you could set to any flavour you want from your phone".

Back
Top Bottom