Space Hulk: Deathwing

Soldato
I'm going to keep my pre-order. The bits of fun I had during the beta are well worth the money. I dropped into a game where the others were role-playing their respective roles in the team, I think with added voice-coms that could be a lot of fun. At one point I had to take our dog outside and the comment "Blessed is the canine that ***** outside" was made :D

The beta was rough, really quite rough, but I think that was to be realistically expected.

Soldato
Just watched TB's video - Damning to say the least. Such a shame.

I didn't think his review was all that great, he had performance issues, but it is beta, could have probably tried without sli and I imagine it would have been fine.

Then he spent ages moaning about using an assault cannon that is clearly setup for up close mob clearing, that he couldn't hit things at long range with it. Well that seemed pretty obvious to me, it can't be amazing everywhere or it would be massively overpowered.

I'm going to wait for the full game to come out and check reviews, it does look fun to me, hopefully the performance issues can be resolved :)

Associate
problem is 40k is massively op with nearly everything

think arch warhmmer on youtube said ud need about 10 chaos space marines to take over the death star, and thats probably true :D

Caporegime
I am in a similar place there, I don't believe terminators would die as easily as they seem to in this game let alone elite terminators.

Genestealer claws are known for being able to shear through even Terminator armour. On the flip side, Genestealers are very fragile and subsceptible to Terminator weapons. If a Terminator lets a 'stealer get close enough to use those claws, then there is a very real chance of a quick death.

Associate
i think the only hope would be to jedi choke the space marines, pew pew lasers would do naff all to the armour / dodged, and the deflecting rounds with light saber? too much volicity and explosive rounds :D

Soldato
I didn't think his review was all that great, he had performance issues, but it is beta, could have probably tried without sli and I imagine it would have been fine.

Then he spent ages moaning about using an assault cannon that is clearly setup for up close mob clearing, that he couldn't hit things at long range with it. Well that seemed pretty obvious to me, it can't be amazing everywhere or it would be massively overpowered.

I'm going to wait for the full game to come out and check reviews, it does look fun to me, hopefully the performance issues can be resolved :)

Yeah a few of the bugs he moaned about were already on the known issue list, and while performance still needs more work, it is a vast improvement over the closed beta so they are clearly working on it and making progress

Soldato
Genestealer claws are known for being able to shear through even Terminator armour. On the flip side, Genestealers are very fragile and subsceptible to Terminator weapons. If a Terminator lets a 'stealer get close enough to use those claws, then there is a very real chance of a quick death.

It's how the board game plays. From a distance the Termies have the upper hand but once it gets to close combat the Stealers have the advantage.

Soldato
It's how the board game plays. From a distance the Termies have the upper hand but once it gets to close combat the Stealers have the advantage.

I was trying to convey this in the beta, as a sternguard is always needed to keep an eye on what happens behind the squad. If a few stealers get in behind you without you noticing you can quite easily get a) quite damaged, and b) very distracted from what happens in front of you.

Associate
Shame to hear this news but not entirely unexpected, however I'm not a fan of TotalBiscuit's self righteous content anyway so I'll wait for release and see some proper gameplay. Pretty much what I said in this thread weeks ago though, and that blind pre-ordering was at your own risk and only fuels the believe from publishers that we're gullible. They'll continue this practice until they're proved wrong.

Soldato
Shame to hear this news but not entirely unexpected, however I'm not a fan of TotalBiscuit's self righteous content anyway so I'll wait for release and see some proper gameplay. Pretty much what I said in this thread weeks ago though, and that blind pre-ordering was at your own risk and only fuels the believe from publishers that we're gullible. They'll continue this practice until they're proved wrong.

Most of the PC gamers I know do their own research into games that match their criteria, who would blindly buy a game they know nothing about?.

Pre-ordering is not the problem as you can refund games bought from Steam or Origin if they fail to live upto their hype.

A lot of gaming is subjective, what one person finds fun others perceive as bad.

Back
Top Bottom