Fractal Define R5 – How many fans do you need?

Soldato
Looking at the Fractal Define R5:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/frac...r-case-blackout-edition-window-ca-063-fd.html

They come with two 140mm fans but can fit 8 or 9 – how many do you need nowadays? I think I have 4 in my current (ancient) system. Is two enough for:

i7-6700K oc
Z170 board
Fury
for Gaming

or do I need to add a few more?

Never had a Fractal case before, they look good – any other comments on them?

Associate
Hey Rezident, I've got the R5 at the moment with an i7 920 (Noctua NH-D14 fitted) and an MSI R9 390.

I have 2 front 140mm fans and an additional intake in the floor all connected to the included fan controller,
plus a 140mm exhaust at the rear. Temps are fine but if it gets a little too hot I put the fan controller up to high.

Obviously temps would be much improved with exhaust in the roof but I prefer a quiet system.

Soldato
OP
Hey Rezident, I've got the R5 at the moment with an i7 920 (Noctua NH-D14 fitted) and an MSI R9 390.

I have 2 front 140mm fans and an additional intake in the floor all connected to the included fan controller,
plus a 140mm exhaust at the rear. Temps are fine but if it gets a little too hot I put the fan controller up to high.

Obviously temps would be much improved with exhaust in the roof but I prefer a quiet system.

ok that sounds good, yes I'm building a quiet system too. Ok thanks for that, I think I'll go with 4 again - I like the sound of the premium magnetic levitation fans.

Back
Top Bottom