The performance tyre of champions

Soldato
For the money I've been highly impressed with the Yokohama V105's. Brilliant in the wet, great in the dry, wear... meh.

Looking at either the AD08r's next but I'll lose out in wet grip, or the ps4 and get slightly softer sidewalls.

AD08R are in a league of their own, superior to any tyres discussed so far bar possibly the Cups mentioned earlier that are similar league. I was having trouble finding them in the size I needed but next time I'm looking for tyres I will look at these again.

Don
I had MPSS on the Porsche and they were great, The XKR came with Dunlops which were terrible so changed for MPSS which were ok for a bit then really struggled as they wore, tried 1 more set which were totally awful

F type came with P Zeros and they suited it very well so have stuck with them

Soldato
[TW]Fox;30288927 said:
I have PZero's fitted to my car currently and they are terrible - I am very much looking forward to getting rid of them. I have never experienced a performance tyre that is so lacking in grip. I've even had grip issues at partial throttle changing lanes etc, they are hilariously poor in anything other than nice warm dry conditions.

I Stopped buying pirellis years ago. They have made some dodgy tyres over the years, car and motorcycle.

Like you say many of them seem to be one condition tyres.

Soldato
Had PZero once and that will be the only time I have them. They were awful. They were the Nero range but even so they were not great compared to other tyres in this size.

I would have MPSS if they came in my size. Currently running Eagle F1 Assym 3 but think I preferred the ContiSportContact 5 I had before. Shame the 6 wasn't available in my size.

Soldato
Have Conti 5's on my Cupra, while they are very good it appears they wear very quick.

Looking at PSS but hoping my tyres will last till January for PS4s release.

Soldato
In my experience the F1A3s are far worse than their predecessors in damp conditions, so much so I've swapped to PS4s instead. It's a shame because everything else about the 3's seems better than the 2.

Soldato
For out and out dry grip then AD08R IMHO. For a more everu day performance I can't particularly comment as none of the current crop of UHP tyres are available in my tiny sizes

Kumho V70A in one of the softer compounds. Good luck getting more than a couple of thousand miles out of them but you won't get more grip from a road legal tyre.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I run P-Zero's on mine (N0 Rated) and they are awful to use, as at makes the car unpredictable at best in anything other than hot dry weather. Even then the compound they run is too hard as mine are showing little wear in 10200 miles.

I'm going to be swapping them out for PS4-S once they are available in Jan along with my car service or if they are not available by then ill order some F1AS2's (N1).

Soldato
I went for Pilot Sport 4s are when my F1AS2s needed replacing earlier this year.
So far, very good, although I'm not sure if they are so much better than the F1AS2 to justify the higher price. Perhaps it takes some much more spirited driving, or track work, to really expose the difference.

Back
Top Bottom