NFL 2016 Season

Soldato
another "quality" performance from the rams.....

5 turnovers, i mean come on we struggle enough without turnovers but 5 ????

qb that still doesn't have a clue, head coach happy with his extension, penalties over 100 yds, another 1st half shut out and the coach doesn't trust our best running back enough to get in from 2 yds for a td arghhhhhhh.

we were that bad freeman had 6 carries all night, not needed so the falcons did the clever thing and rested him.

Soldato
Could be worse, you could be a 49ers fan :(

I bet Phil Dawson had a rough night.

yeah, not like they shut us out first game of the season, ohhh wait..... :D

i wouldn't mind but the lack of offence is causing a fall off on our defence cos they hardly get any rest, checked the basic team stats on the nfl website and it's woeful reading :(

Points : 32nd, Total Yards : 32nd, Passing Yards 29th , Rushing Yards 30th.

edit:

oh dear just seen the opening kick off for the game last night... fumbled and handed to the falcons at our 2 yd line, they really don't need that sort of help, and it just got worse from there.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, Bears @ Lions was a good divisional game. I thought the Bears D was impressive and really like some of the things they are doing. Barkley was OK again and has done himself no ham again. Jordan Howard is one bright light on offense.

I'm not that disappointed at losing a game like that which should have been a banker for the 1st placed, division chasing Lions. And the worse the record the better that draft pick.

Of the other games, fair play to the Packers. Absolutely owned Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. Tough week in Fantasy and not sure whether I'll make the play-offs in the 3 leagues I'm competing in.

Soldato
Rams fire Fisher... just when you think they couldn't get any more disorganised!

Quickest contract extension to firing ever?

makes the loss at the weekend easier to take :D

from what i've read recently the extension was agreed PRE season, but it's only just come out in the media.

but this doesn't give me any confidence in the upper management of the team, they gave him the extension , they've kept him for the previous losing seasons and NOW they decide to get rid :confused: :confused:

now to find even a half decent replacement, and the first thing they need to do is do something about the offence coaching.

my main concern for whoever comes in will have no decent draft pick next year, so hopefully that doesn't put off any of the decent coaches.

Last edited:
Associate
Are we to expect a low scoring game between Baltimore and New England? Both teams have only conceded 207 in their 12 games so far. New England strangely seem better on the road (4-2 6-0).

New England are 2-5 on Betfair with Baltimore at 5-2.

Soldato
Good win for the Pats against a stubborn Ravens. To be honest the Pats were pretty dominant all game, they allowed the Ravens back into it via their own mistakes on special teams. They really need to sort out a proper kick returner, Cyrus Jones has made far too many mistakes. The one he made last night was laughable, it was obvious the ball was going end over end towards him yet he didn't think to get out of the way :rolleyes:

On the plus side, it's very encouraging that the Pats were able to put up so many points against one of the best defences in the NFL, particularly without Gronk.

Associate
A couple of turnovers early in the 3rd quarter made this game a lot closer that it initially looked like being.

Given that Dallas' offense seems to have slowed down over the past couple of weeks, there is no real consistent team in the NFC. Seattle has alternated wins and losses after looking good in November, whilst the Packers have won 3 in a row and could sneak into the playoffs with a strong finish.

Anyone other than the Patriots likely to make it to the SB from the AFC?

Soldato
If it's not the Pats it will be the Chiefs or the Raiders. The Pats are currently 11-2, the Chiefs and Raiders are one back on 10-3. The Pats have a tough game this week coming, they're at the Broncos, so I can see them slipping to 11-3. It's still very close, any of the three teams could still finish top seed in the AFC. Having said that, I still fancy New England to beat Oakland or Kansas.

I think Green Bay will be a tough matchup for any anyone if they make it into the playoffs, so long as Rodgers is fit. They have some key players coming back at the right time and are starting to look dangerous on both sides of the ball.

Soldato
A couple of turnovers early in the 3rd quarter made this game a lot closer that it initially looked like being.

Given that Dallas' offense seems to have slowed down over the past couple of weeks, there is no real consistent team in the NFC. Seattle has alternated wins and losses after looking good in November, whilst the Packers have won 3 in a row and could sneak into the playoffs with a strong finish.

Anyone other than the Patriots likely to make it to the SB from the AFC?

Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs look good

pittsburg have more weapons in offence but their defence isn't that good

Back
Top Bottom