Newly shot independent music video, what you think?

Permabanned
Its cool, maybe you could do a different video for it, but keep this one? A thematic video would be cool aswell just to see what that would look like.

Sounds like snow patrol, bet you get that a lot.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Don't want this to be critique, just notes:

- on musical level:
- rejig the strumming, as it is - the progression, the rhythm, the structure and the strumming, from intro all the way to the chorus it's exact 1:1 copy of Lennon's "So this is Christmas" and it's one of those "once you hear it you cannot unhear it" situations.
- bring up vocal in the mix by a tad, I can hear what the producer was going for - that kind of Stereophonics dry vocal amidst wall of sound, but for it to work the vocalist would have to sing one octave higher than said wall of guitars, as it is - it's a bit of a mush

- on visual level:
- eye contact. For the backstage video shtick to work in music video the audience viewpoint has to be maintained as "fly on the wall" - the artist cannot make eye contact with camera (and therefore with us) at any point or it becomes David Brent's "you've seen that, right?" paradocumentary moment.

Good effort never the less.

Caporegime
bit dull, similar transisitions.

remember to get away from the one guy strumming his guitar crowd you need to be something different or do something different.seen this style a million times.

you can see you are professional trying to succeed.just a few different ideas will help i think.to norm for me.

Associate
OP
Its cool, maybe you could do a different video for it, but keep this one? A thematic video would be cool aswell just to see what that would look like.

Sounds like snow patrol, bet you get that a lot.

Hey definitely another video can always be shot in time.
Yes the accents similar people often say, not a bad thing ;)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Don't want this to be critique, just notes:

- on musical level:
- rejig the strumming, as it is - the progression, the rhythm, the structure and the strumming, from intro all the way to the chorus it's exact 1:1 copy of Lennon's "So this is Christmas" and it's one of those "once you hear it you cannot unhear it" situations.
- bring up vocal in the mix by a tad, I can hear what the producer was going for - that kind of Stereophonics dry vocal amidst wall of sound, but for it to work the vocalist would have to sing one octave higher than said wall of guitars, as it is - it's a bit of a mush

- on visual level:
- eye contact. For the backstage video shtick to work in music video the audience viewpoint has to be maintained as "fly on the wall" - the artist cannot make eye contact with camera (and therefore with us) at any point or it becomes David Brent's "you've seen that, right?" paradocumentary moment.

Good effort never the less.

Hey some great points there 100% thanks.
I like to hear different opinions and your seem to have good knowledge on both recording and video.

Thanks

Associate
OP
bit dull, similar transisitions.

remember to get away from the one guy strumming his guitar crowd you need to be something different or do something different.seen this style a million times.

you can see you are professional trying to succeed.just a few different ideas will help i think.to norm for me.

Cool thanks for the heads up, good to hear peoples thoughts ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom