* The Metal Thread *

Underboss
so I wasn't sure about nightwish and within temptation etc.

so I bought (cheap as I could 2nd hand) Nightwish's 1st album "angels fall first" and nothing as I was expecting, 2 little bits of metal in there, that's it, then I bought "oceanborn" now this is much better than the first, more metal/rock orientated, so much of an improvement

and I've got Within Temptations album "the heart of everything" which im not quite sure of..

I do like the album "Hydra" though, that's a different kettle of fish

Underboss
funny you should put up "Van Canto" Nick
because, I was just trolling YT for a metal version of Europe's "Final Countdown" (one of my all time favourite songs)
and Van Canto did a version of it

What's people best version of this song ? (apart from the original Europe one)

Norther started off really well, but hate that type of metal, if you removed him and put somebody else in his place, it would be an epic version.

so I would say Silent Knight's version, is really good

Soldato
funny you should put up "Van Canto" Nick
because, I was just trolling YT for a metal version of Europe's "Final Countdown" (one of my all time favourite songs)
and Van Canto did a version of it

What's people best version of this song ? (apart from the original Europe one)

Norther started off really well, but hate that type of metal, if you removed him and put somebody else in his place, it would be an epic version.

so I would say Silent Knight's version, is really good

Probably the Children of Bodem - because they do away with the electronica.

Love this cover of Nightwish.. she has the capability follow Tarja (almost loses at the top range though!)..

Excellent...

Last edited:
Associate
The last weeks have been very varied in my metal listening, Evergrey, Epica, Devin Townsend Project and Alcest are the ones that have been played most. I'm really looking forward to january when I'm going to see Sabaton in the middle of the month, and the weekend after that I will get to see Meshuggah on the Friday and then seeing Disturbed, In Flames and Avenged Sevenfold. In February I'm going to see Epica and Trivium, and in March I will see Apocalyptica and possibly two gigs with Devin Townsend (brilliant artist to be honest)

Soldato
I loved Metallica in the early 90's. Everything up to the live S&M album.

After that as far as I'm concerned everything else that they have produced is just garbage.

Metallica finished for me when Jason Newstead left. Then they went this new direction.

Lifted from the Metallica Wiki page:

Golden material:

Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning (1983–1985)
Master of Puppets (1986–1987)
...And Justice for All and Metallica (1988–1993)

Transitional period - average material:

Load, Reload, Garage Inc. and S&M (1994–1999)

Utter garbage:

Death Magnetic, Lulu and Beyond Magnetic (2006–2011)
Metallica: Through the Never and Hardwired... to Self-Destruct (2012–present)

Soldato
Went to my first ever gig last night to see limp bizkit and korn (I'm 34), it was bloody excellent. Expected them to sound ass live but korn were seriously good. Now I just want to start booking all kinds of gigs lol

Associate
Went to my first ever gig last night to see limp bizkit and korn (I'm 34), it was bloody excellent. Expected them to sound ass live but korn were seriously good. Now I just want to start booking all kinds of gigs lol

Dodgy pick for your first gig :p:D

First gig i went to was Pantera + Satyricon,good times :D

on the subject of gigs i seen an ad for this the other day in Glasgow,dont know if this line up is doing any more UK dates,
lords.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom