*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Yup, the extended BF deal.

Not sure i can utilise it though as surely we'll still have an active tv account until cut off date (7th Jan), so can i even join as a new customer yet until that's gone and turned off???

Honestly quite glad we've cancelled and might just be without it after christmas. Nowtv passes will cover series we are watching and sports is only really needed come F1 season. Or just watch C4 coverage and pay the £6 day pass for the decent sky only races.

Best discount we got from retentions bloke was 25%, he had no answer when asked to give us the same offer as bew customers. Then said we could have Q box (1tb) and a Mini for £100 install. Errrrr that's the same extortionate price i get through the website:rolleyes:

I'm thinking of grabbing a humax pvr with HDD, then just use now tv, Amazon and Netflix. Cannot believe we didn't cancel soon, it's only tv!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
What do you do with a humax pvr?

I am literally not aware of anything to do with getting TV via freeview or anything, always had either Sky or Virgin.

Do you get freeview then hook it up to the box and record things to that? Does it work like Sky with recordings etc?

Soldato
Just cancelled mine as it doubles next month. Do they email you any offers ? They offered me %40 off over the phone but I refused.

Edit - Just logged into my Sky account and have a %60 offer for 12 months. That seems pretty good. Should I wait or take that one ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Associate
I got sold sky TV original at 10 a month last week, decided today that I didn't need it, and called to cancel.

That was a bad idea, they offered 67% off so I ended up opting for the boxsets package for 12.50 a month. Woops! It seems I'm easy to sell to!

Associate
Just been looking at Sky

Was on chat to a customer rep

Best he could offer me was £78 montly as follows
Sky Q 2tb - £60 install
Top tier package
Unlimited broadband
phone package (wont use)
multi room box

Currently pay £48 a month with virgin media
120Mb broadband
Top tier TV package
(phone line don't use had a years free line rental however)

Anything i can do with sky to haggle this further down?
Really fed up with vm software on the TiVo its clunky and slow and after seeing my mates sky q in uhd I'm smitten and jealous :D

Wouldn't mind paying sub £60 but not sure i will get that?

I'm running to the end of term with vm and have told them of my intention to cancel and they told me to call back else i will have to pay an exit fee if i did it now!

Seems tv providers aren't keen on getting new customers or those at least not willing to pay above the odds lol

I cant just cancel as the wife will murder me if the kids don't have nick jr etc!

Going to be a nervous wait haha

Last edited:
Associate
Just cancelled my tv package, they offered 40% off told them no and cancel will see if they get better offer before cancellation period up, they kept saying better deals were coming for existing members as I hammered on about how good some of the new customer deals were, just wait now and see

Fergin

Associate
Got an email saying the 60% off offer on my account ends tomorrow, I think it just means the sky gets switched off tomorrow, does anyone know what fully disconnected offers are available if I let it fully cancel?

Associate
Just signed up for boxsets and sky q 1Tb with mult box for £31 a month.

Consider that "OK" for now as TiVo box is winding us up with its slow clunkyness so keeps everyone happy.

Will try to bend their sales offer ears once we purchase a UHD tv so i can get the 2Tb version.

Now to see if i can haggle VM to keep 100mb broadband for anything close to £20 a month. Doubtful but will see.

Associate
I cancelled 2 months ago and have resisited the offers so far but tonight had a call and agreed to the following:

Sky box sets
Sky Sports HD
12 month price, no contract, 31 day cancellation
4 months free
£11.87 p/m

essentially I get to watch Sky Sports free until end of football season so Im happy with that. Might get SkyQ if they can do an offer on the install fee.

Associate
I cancelled 2 months ago and have resisited the offers so far but tonight had a call and agreed to the following:

Sky box sets
Sky Sports HD
4 months free
£11.87 p/m

essentially I get to watch Sky Sports free until end of football season so Im happy with that. Might get SkyQ if they can do an offer on the install fee.
That is a cracking deal! Bit miffed really but i'll play the 12 month game and see what they offer me because by then i will be upgrading to UHD once it settles down and more content comes.

Just fingers crossed i get a deal with virgin media to keep 100mb broadband but they play the long waiting game before retentions step in.

Don't mind paying £20 p/m but anything over and i may as well go with sky 40mb

Soldato
Cancelled my parents sky on the 5th and wasn't offered any thing other than 20% off. Got an email today though (took a lot longer than mine to come through) which offered 60% off. So signed them up tonight for Sky box sets, movies and multiroom(only %50 off) works out at £28.7 a month for 12 months. So they are happy.

Associate

Sky box sets
Sky Sports HD
4 months free
£11.87 p/m

Ok well that was shortlived!

Turned out they only gave me basic package with Sports, not Box Sets that we were on before and no HD channels. I just came off a chat and they could upgrade to Box Sets for £16 plus another £6 for HD sports BUT would now be a 12month contract. Not interested in a contract, even though £22 per month with Sports is still a pretty good price.

Just cancelled again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom