Spec me a massive car

Soldato
Hi everyone.
At the moment I drive an Audi Q7 which I got earlier this year after we found we were having twins. It's perfect, me and this missus up front, the twins in the middle row and a dog guard in the boot with a split, half for the double pram and half for the dog (rescue staffie x spaniel). This has done us great for the past 6 months and we even have an extra seat in the middle for another passenger or luggage.
A few weeks ago though we found that the missus was preggers again :o and best of all it's twins again!
I never thought I'd say it but the Q7 will be too small. With 3 car seats across the middle row and one in the back row that only leaves half the boot for two double prams and the dog has to stay at home, maybe a roofrack for luggage?! Putting a 1 year old in the rearmost seat would also be a right PITA when he can't get in himself and I have to remove the other car seat from the middle row also.

So here I am looking to upsize again. So far I'm considering a Transporter or a V-Class but boot space will still be an issue.
Once we don't need a pram in a couple of years or so I'm seriously considering splashing out on a Tesla Model S with the 2 boot seats but until then it's either make do with the Q7 or get a minibus. Any other options?

Cheers

Soldato
I think you might be better off buying a crew bus style transit!! Seriously, though, the Q7 is already one of the biggest cars on the road, so I think you are foing to struggle to go much bigger. Maybe something like a ford galaxy or s-max but unless you go into transit van size territory I think you already own a massive car! :)

Caporegime
Putting a 1 year old in the rearmost seat would also be a right PITA when he can't get in himself and I have to remove the other car seat from the middle row also.

Imo you have 3 kids on the middle row, one on the back row (it should be fine; the middle row lifts up very easily in the Q7, and the dog in the last space. Squeeze what you can in the 250L of remaining boot and get roof rails and a roof box for any extra luggage that doesn't fit.

The Q7 is a great car and this will be massively preferable to getting some kind of soul destroying people carrier.

Back
Top Bottom