Truck crashes into Christmas market in Berlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Killing people like that truck driver did is considered sin in Islam, I don't know where all you "blame Islam" get your facts from but I'm pretty sure you have never read the Quran in your life.

If Islam is the issue then when is the overwhelming majority of Muslims practicing its religion peacefully? why can't you find these "go kill some civilians" passages in the Quran?

R.I.P to the victims, god willing no more these attacks happen.

To deny Islam it a factor in these terrorist attacks is part of the problem.

Soldato
Killing people like that truck driver did is considered sin in Islam, I don't know where all you "blame Islam" get your facts from but I'm pretty sure you have never read the Quran in your life.

If Islam is the issue then when is the overwhelming majority of Muslims practicing its religion peacefully? why can't you find these "go kill some civilians" passages in the Quran?

R.I.P to the victims, god willing no more these attacks happen.

Because they're doing it in the name of Islam. Irrelevant that it goes against the Quran, tell the terrorists that!

Soldato
Killing people like that truck driver did is considered sin in Islam,

Not sure how you can say that...trucks didn't exist in the 5th century.

I'll take "whats a kafir" for 500 please Bob

Caporegime
I believe far too much is going on to just blame ISIS every time, I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey has its fair few "agents" at this point.

Soldato
A lot of hate for Muslims in this thread but what can one expect when the only media attention Muslims get is when it's something negative.

Yes, some Muslims have extremist views but the amount of people who would actually act on these is very small. The same can be said for any person who holds extremist views regardless of motivation (i.e. religion, personal belief etc..)

**** nationalism where people seem to think we're superior because we live in the 'West' / England. These migrants are running from war and terror attacks in their own countries, what do you expect them to do? Sit around and wait to be blown up or have their heads chopped off? Fight? Because we all know everyone here would be happy to pick up a gun and go charging into battle with 0 war experience.

Some of you are absolute morons.

/rant

Soldato
I think an important distinction that needs to be made to some people in this thread is that there is Islam and then there is Islam. The former may constitute everyone from conservative to Jihadist/fundamentalist. They are pious and devout and take the Quran literally and employ Sharia law. They are not the majority of Muslims.

The second would be moderate and people born into Muslim families. These people are the majority of Muslims. They do not believe in Jihad or terrorism or Sharia Law. They are the equivalent of Western Christians in terms of how pious/devout they are and how literal they take the Quran.

I see a lot of people generalising in this thread but it's important to be aware of the distinction. I have a Muslim friend. He does not pray five times a day or go to the mosque but he has a vague belief in Allah. He's what I would refer to as a cafeteria Muslim. Much like most Christians. He's a good man and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Permabanned
A lot of hate for Muslims in this thread but what can one expect when the only media attention Muslims get is when it's something negative.

Yes, some Muslims have extremist views but the amount of people who would actually act on these is very small. The same can be said for any person who holds extremist views regardless of motivation (i.e. religion, personal belief etc..)

/rant
And look at the disproportionate damage that minority is doing.

Commissario
I think an important distinction that needs to be made to some people in this thread is that there is Islam and then there is Islam. The former may constitute everyone from conservative to Jihadist/fundamentalist. They are pious and devout and take the Quran literally and employ Sharia law. They are not the majority of Muslims.

The second would be moderate and people born into Muslim families. These people are the majority of Muslims. They do not believe in Jihad or terrorism or Sharia Law. They are the equivalent of Western Christians in terms of how pious/devout they are and how literal they take the Quran.

I see a lot of people generalising in this thread but it's important to be aware of the distinction. I have a Muslim friend. He does not pray five times a day or go to the mosque but he has a vague belief in Allah. He's what I would refer to as a cafeteria Muslim. Much like most Christians. He's a good man and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Unfortunately, there are some people here who are too naive/narrow minded to understand this.

Soldato
It is all down to cultural values. These people don't have our values, there is a whole host of behaviour coming out of this part of the world that are completely backward compared to the modern western society.

I would urge people to stop talking about religion and talk about the actual actions of these cultures. This is where the problem lies. We all know that Muslims can intergrade, I personally know, and I hate this phrase "moderate Muslims" who have intergrated.

The problem is people who want to bring the culture of the Middle East and operate it in the West. Our society is not compatible with this culture, again it is not Islam as such it is practicing the elements of Islam that do not fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom