Super Mario Run

Associate
Hit the appstore today :)

Only downloaded the trial version just now but liking it so far good old school mario fun. Not hitting the buy button just yet as 7.99 is a bit steep but probably will :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
Only just started playing it but I don't have an issue with the price. Just because something is used on your mobile doesn't mean it should be 99p. Much prefer this model to the freemium ********.

Soldato
I like it so far as well, don't have an issue with the price either. I'm looking forward to seeing what other titles Nintendo will bring to iOS, really hoping for Mario Kart.

Soldato
It does seem a bit short in terms of the number of levels but I'm enjoying it more than any other mobile game I can recall recently. Plus at least they aren't gouging your for DLC. I'm happier with simply paying for the game than getting constantly nagged for micro-transactions.

Also, Am I the only one who thinks it's weird to be complaining about paying £8 for a game you're running on a £700 phone :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Is Toad Rally really multiplayer? You select it and you get a choice of other people to play against. However at no point does someone select me to play against. I have no idea how it works the other way around.

Also how does the toad system work when you win or lose. Is there a ratio between the amount of toads the winner gains to the amount the loser loses? If it is 1:1 then where do all the roads come from?

Last edited:
Associate
I think it's excellent, probably the best iOS game I've played since Lara Croft Go... Going after all three sets of coloured coins is where the challenge and longevity is :)

Perfectly happy with the price tag considering it's Mario and for this level of polish ;)

Soldato
Well worth £7.99 you bloody cheapskates. :)

It's a good game but requiring a constant internet connection and the price is a bit keen. I'm certainly most of the way through the game coins wise and can't seem much more playability after that. For the price I would expect months worth of gameplay.

Soldato
Sadly, mobile gamers are continue to get what they deserve (i.e. ****** freemium games) if they think that £8 for a couple of weeks of entertainment is expensive.

Associate
By DRM do you mean you don't like it requiring a live connection?

Surely its better to be able to play it most of the time rather than none of the time? I highly doubt they'd remove the reliance as their reasoning is fairly sound...

Last edited:
Soldato
How would being a legit paid licence owner of the app prevent you from playing it at all at anytime if there was no live connection DRM?

With no DRM, you buy it, it works.

With DRM, pirates still pirate it and get a better experience than paying customers who have to put up with the nonsense DRM. That creates a frustrating user experience, taints the enjoyment, and results in lost sales, such as mine.

Anyone willing to jailbreak their iPhone in 2016 and hunt for a pirated version of the app (which they'll likely find), probably wasn't going to pay £8 for it to begin with.

Soldato
That's a bit rubbish schnipps.

I'm sure it's just an oversight, silly you'll have to wait for an update for it to be implemented though.

I guess Nintendo are new to 'Apps' and iOS :rolleyes:, you'll have to give them a break.

It's not like they're a $30B company who could get some top iOS developers on board and run through a few checklists of what to include in the app before launching it...oh wait :p

It's like their awful country selection screen when you load the app, which requires you to scroll for eons to find the UK. One of the worst UI's I've seen in years. Very out of place for what otherwise seems like quite a polished app.

The app, also has jailbreak detection so wont run on jailbroken devices, I believe :(

Surely any pirated versions would have that detection removed? Would be kind of silly to go through the effort of making the pirate ready IPA available only for it not to work on jailbroken devices, lol. I don't know, not jailbroken my iPhone since my 3GS. Not bumped into anyone who has done it in years either.

I guess even though the phone and built in stock software features are much better than a few years ago, it might still be an issue in emerging markets where there's less disposable income available to pay for premium apps.

Back
Top Bottom