Poll: Wind up or wind down for Christmas? (Work)

Do you wind up or down over Christmas (work)?

• Wind up

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • Wind down

Votes: 181 66.1%
  • Pan Cake!

Votes: 47 17.2%

• Total voters
Associate
I've just finished until the 3rd.

Work winds down somewhat (as far as booked appointments - who wants a smart meter installed at Christmas?!), but there are still off-supplies and although I could be sat at home and not get called out, why risk it? So, book the time off and properly relax.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to vote wind down. Xmas is about being with those you love not those you work with. Good food, bad TV, a drink or 6 and naff presents.

I wish you all a merry Xmas. May the yule tide log slip from your fire and burn your house down! :cool:

Soldato
I voted wind up because although we shut over Christmas and New Year the amount of effort it takes to close down 11 building sites and make plans for the re-mobilization is absolutely "omg captain insane megadeath" for want of a better phrase.

It almost feels not worth the hassle and then there is always the dreaded feeling I get about 3 days before we go back because I know what kind of **** storm is waiting.

Soldato
Working in retail in a distribution centre for one of the large superstores it's usually chaotically busy come Christmas and New Year here.

However I'm still signed off on the sick so I'm not due back until 31/12 ;)

I feel for anyone that has to work over the Christmas period, while I agree not everyone celebrates it we all should have time off to spend with family imo.

Associate
I'm working flat out and getting increasingly irritated by others who are taking it easy this week as it's affecting my work and I'm having to work harder to get things done!

/Salsa

Soldato
Run up to Christmas is a cluster ****. I have 5 tasks to get done, can only pick 2 and hope for the best.
I don't work and refuse on-call for Christmas so it's nice and relaxing until I get back in January, then it only takes an hour until I'm curled up under my desk.

Soldato
One of the largest Microbiology departments in the country containing 2 regional centres and one national centre sat in one of the largest acute trusts in one of the most deprived areas of the country all staffed by a skeleton staff with a staffing shortfall compounded by a moratorium on replacement recruitment and a community Norovirus outbreak ..............

dum dum dum duma dum dum
dum dum dum duma dum dum
(sing in a squeky high voice) Under Presure!

Last edited:
Soldato
Today is our last working day before 3rd Jan so it's been a case of getting everything lined up to ensure that there aren't any issues whilst people are off.

It was pretty hectic last week and at the start of this week but now a lot quieter as things get finished off.

Back
Top Bottom