The Naff Christmas Presents Thread

Man of Honour
Last year I got some paper napkins, pack of 50. Oddly I threw them out with the packaging the same day I recall by mistake...

Associate
What did I desperately need and not buy any of, knowing full well I'd get some for Christmas like I have done without fail for last 10 years? Socks.

What didn't I get any of this year? Socks.

Genuinely disappointed! :(

Associate
Mother got me some Man Utd 'pins' which I presume you pin onto a coat or hat. Last year it was a Man Utd blanket and the year before a Man Utd dressing gown. I have no idea why she keeps buying these themed attire and I keep telling her not to. I think she thinks I'm a craved Man Utd fan for some reason.

The dog uses the blanket and dressing gown now as bedding... no idea what will happen to these pins.

Well that's the best use for Man United products anyway, just give them to the dog :)

Soldato
I once got given a little wooden lighthouse Keychain. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. Usually I get cracking presents though!

Associate
I'm lactose intolerant so obviously about three quarters of my relatives got me chocolate in one form or another :\

I made the right noises, appeared grateful etc as I know they meant well (despite knowing me for years and years and knowing that I can't eat dairy...) but after about the 8th large bar of dairy milk, the smile was getting a little strained.

My wife played a blinder though to her credit, she got me an ultra-HD bluray player and a lego kwik-e-mart. Best. Christmas. Ever. :E

Soldato
I got socks from 4 people. I am planning next year to buy loads of socks just before Christmas to prevent this from happening again. Apparently my mum had moan to everyone that I had a hole in one of my socks once.....

In fact I might just get everyone else socks next year. Then they will know the feels :(

Commissario
I got socks from 4 people. I am planning next year to buy loads of socks just before Christmas to prevent this from happening again. Apparently my mum had moan to everyone that I had a hole in one of my socks once.....

In fact I might just get everyone else socks next year. Then they will know the feels :(
It won't work. I'm quite vocal to my mum about the fact that I wear hiking socks all year round, they're really expensive, they last for years and I never want anyone to buy me socks. She bought me a five pack of socks from Next which will probably end up in the charity shop on Tuesday.

Soldato
It won't work. I'm quite vocal to my mum about the fact that I wear hiking socks all year round, they're really expensive, they last for years and I never want anyone to buy me socks. She bought me a five pack of socks from Next which will probably end up in the charity shop on Tuesday.
o I think I will I am willing to go to Great lengths to get this correct. I'm sure a pallet of socks will do the trick. In fact I might just get 10 pallets just to be on the safe side.

Just checked ebay. I can buy 120 pairs for £50. So £500 in socks should mean I get something different.

Back
Top Bottom