The Naff Christmas Presents Thread

Soldato
This thread is insane. I'm not white knighting but some people get nothing at all.
This is gd you are in. I can donate some socks to people who get nothing. I'm sure they need some.

I'd rather get nothing than have people waste their money on things I simply don't like and will never, ever use.

/edit - At least someone will benefit from the socks, one of the local charity shops.

Agreed the money they used to buy socks could have been donated to charity and it would have made me happier.

Associate
Pants, socks, shirt, jumper. Nothing at all to play with. Getting old is so boring, but I'm only 34 ffs. I must have dropped 100 hints about star wars Lego :p

Associate
Not a **** gift, but my cousin got me some beard oil (his wife bought it, he saw me open it and reacted) and proceeded to call me a "gay" for looking after my face.

Cheers mate

Soldato
My Mum got me this thing as a stocking filler:

Xtu9QvRl.jpg.png

The games look like your typical generic rip-offs of well-known 8-bit titles, but I haven't used it yet because it uses two composite cables to connect to a TV and they seem to have been rendered obsolete on many modern TVs.

Also found it hilarious that it says you can use it in the car, but I'm not sure what they're expecting you to connect it to. :o

The three AAA batteries she put in are probably more useful to me at this point.

Soldato
Famous grouse glass in a presentation box with a miniature and some whiskey toffees. I have never been a whiskey drinker, ever in my life.

Got a bottle of Kraken rum from my wife though as she is awesome.

I've done well as my family tends to know what I want, or they ask me to set up an Amazon wish list. I do pretty well with friends too.

Work's Secret Santa however, we each had to provide 3 options up to the value of £15. So I picked 2 Argos items (with their specific xxx/xxxx catalogue numbers) or a Caffé Nero gift card. Colleagues all know that I go to Nero most Saturdays. I ended up with a Starbucks gift card, a place I never go to :rolleyes: I think I know who had me though, the dozy absent-minded one who tends to forget things and still spells my name wrong despite working 5.5 years with her.

Back
Top Bottom