***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Somewhere I saw a list of the creator series modular buildings by date but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know? Want to start getting them so will start at the ones in danger of discontinuing.

Associate
These people have no fear of anything.

City_Series_font_b_Mini_b_font_Street_Model_Stor.jpg

Associate
Im 8 and a half hours into building the porsche and just finished box 2 mounting the bare body shell to the chassis and also the seats. Absolutely love this set. The attention to detail, the working flappy paddle gearbox, and i also like (and never knew about until i got to the step in construction) that each porsche has its own individual serial number plate stored in the glovebox. The instruction book is a great thing on its own with the development of the set, lots of nice pictures in it, everything about the set feels very premium. I have taken lots of pictures and will upload them when i get to a PC.

Soldato
Associate
Thinking of getting the porsche set trying to talk myself out of it as it would be my first set since I was a child

John Lewis have it for 174 at the moment

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to buy the Porsche but can't overlook the wheels. Undersized, tyre profile all wrong and the fronts look the same width as the rears. It's like an rs on a cheap set of winter wheels.

Associate
Got the Kwik-E-Mart and the Pet Shop for Xmas, only built the pet shop so far and really like it. So much so that I might pop up to the Lego store today and get more of the modular city buildings. Detectives office might be next to go OOP, but I quite like the cinema and the bank as well...

Decisions :(

Just buy them all as long as you can afford it in one go, sounds like you're gonna get em all anyway and be spending the same amount of cash overall at some point. Or if preferable buy one a week or something but don't leave it too late (like i did for the Tumbler) or it's a case of do without or pay jacked up scumbag reseller prices.

Associate
I am sorely tempted to purchase the Wheel Excavator and have it stored until I eventually get back from traveling. Awesome looking model. I think it would be a bit much to purchase two so one can dig and the other sort...

Also the price at John Lewis is great for the Porsche

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

I've just finished building this model, a really enjoyable build. As many reviews have said the power functions are a bit slow but it looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom