Is running/jogging in a cemetery disrespectful?

Caporegime
Nothing wrong with walking through a cemetery. Why not slow down to very brisk walk through it. That is sill good exercise.

If you do run, it goes without saying to avoid the usual jogger activities of loud music on headphones, snot rockets and spitting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not at all, I don't understand how someone could get offended but then I know people are too sensitive these days..

These days? Yes probably you're right in general but in years gone past I'd imagine you'd have gotten stoned or flogged for jogging in a cemetery!

Going by your second post I think your now just being silly or trolling.

Personally I'd not be offended either, assuming I hadn't just buried a loved one. But just picture the scenario where you go in for a jog and all looks clear, then you jog right into the finishing touches of a funeral ceremony. That will likely offend someone and leave you feeling like a tool.

Caporegime
Nope. Walk through a cemetery almost every day at lunch time at work. Nothing wrong with jogging through as long as you're respectful to other users. Cycling through at speed is disrespectful though imo - amazing how many people I see doing this.

Soldato
Why would you feel like a tool? You'd have to care about their feelings to do so.. and I'm not trolling, I'm asking questions based on how I am.. and I know what you're thinking, I'm a ****. :p

Soldato
Walk through the cemetery, then run again.

^ Can you work it out so you take a breath here

Either way - No its not disrespectful. It is a park in reality just one that commemorates the dead. As long as you're not running over graves it is fine I think.

Soldato
^ Can you work it out so you take a breath here

Either way - No its not disrespectful. It is a park in reality just one that commemorates the dead. As long as you're not running over graves it is fine I think.

just a park?

may as well jog through the local golf course too

then maybe through a field of lama's

then maybe do some laps round the perimeter of the airport

Back
Top Bottom