Any Fractal Define C users out there ?

Soldato
Fractal says max PSU length is 175mm. Anyone know if I remove the bottom HD cage is it possible to fit longer PSU's.

Also, is it better to cool with 2 x 140mm fans at the front or 3 x 120mm fans. I am thinking 3x120mm fans doesn't make sense as I won't be mounting any mechanical drives.

Thanks

Associate
The Fractal fans are good but at low I have found them to not be that silent. There is still an annoying buzz but the same can be said of the corsair fans I tried (not mag lev). My personal favourites (a bit pricey) are the Noiseblockers. Get whatever suits your budget.

Soldato
OP
The Fractal fans are good but at low I have found them to not be that silent. There is still an annoying buzz but the same can be said of the corsair fans I tried (not mag lev). My personal favourites (a bit pricey) are the Noiseblockers. Get whatever suits your budget.

Thanks. Might give the ML a go though I have read you need proper PWM support to get the full benefits and most boards only have true PWM on the cpu and opt cpu fan headers.

Associate
Well I have to say, the case is good and silent. But coming from a £380 Lian li pcx-500 to this really does prove you get for what you pay...... The Lian li case is 8 years old and in fantastic condition but too big for my room, my 3 year old is taking over the house and I just don't have room so it going on the bay on Sunday.
The fractal design is a good case with good cooling, maybe a Ford or a Vauxhall, the Lian li was a Great case with Great cooling, maybe like a Aston Martin or a rolls Royce.....

Soldato
OP
Cheers. Definitely think I will get this case. Put a low noise cooler like an NH15S or Dark Rock Pro 5 on. Probably replace the single front 120mm fan with a pair of Fractal X2 GP140's. Only minus is I will be limited to 3 2.5 inch drives on the back as the bottom hd bay will have to be removed to fit my Corsair HX1000i.

Is there anything comparable to this case. Was looking at the Ethnoo Pro M Glass.

Soldato
OP
Just ordered this case and an asus hero ix motherboard. Anyone know if a Predator 240 will fit under the roof if I use low profile ram ? The manual says motherboard top heatsink can't exceed 40mm.

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered one! Love the design. Had fractal cases in the past. Simple and function. I'm coming down from a phantek glass. Great case but too big for my desk and prefer more minimal looks.

Associate
Love this case. Small but very few limits within.

14iev5g.jpg

Associate
Just want to add the drop in temps on the GPU are pretty significant over my Phantek Evolv. around 8c lower on load with the fans closer. I also install some Lian Li PCI slot vents that allow some good venting around that area.

Back
Top Bottom