The BBC..... Really

Soldato
I honestly believe that the BBC tries its best to be impartial.

It's main problem is the lack of diversity in its staff. It's a very middle-class, London-centric and left-leaning organisation. This can lead to problems where it overcompensates by giving people like Nigel Farage far more airtime than his popularity deserves.

Associate
I think, in the grand schemes of things, it's about right.

You hear enough people complaining both sides, it is generally fairly balanced in it's coverage. Can't argue with it, myself.

Soldato
I honestly believe that the BBC tries its best to be impartial.

It's main problem is the lack of diversity in its staff. It's a very middle-class, London-centric and left-leaning organisation.

Pretty much what you said. I know a few people who work or have worked at or with the BBC and they say the same thing. I think this was quite evident in the referendum coverage.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;30367352 said:
Like Laura ****sburg? How she doesn't spit after mentioning anything to do with Corbyn I don't know, the disgust on her face is beyond.

Disliking Corbyn doesn't make automatically make someone right wing.

Soldato
It will align with whatever it want's the masses to believe. It's the biggest most functional propaganda machine created in the uk and it has a strong holding on most of the population.

Due to that, it'll say whatever it wants (gets told to say) to get the right reaction.

Soldato
It will align with whatever it want's the masses to believe. It's the biggest most functional propaganda machine created in the uk and it has a strong holding on most of the population.

Due to that, it'll say whatever it wants (gets told to say) to get the right reaction.

Absolute nonsense.

The BBC has a strong history of investigative journalism and reporting which is critical of the government. Unless you're suggesting there's someone else giving them their "orders"?

Associate
It is definitely not impartial. Look at the brexit coverage, almost no positive spin on this huge opportunity the country has to trade with the world.

It's news department needs some attention too, the interviews with Farrage for example are hardly unbiased, ditto for the coverage and reporting on Islamic extremism.

Soldato
OP
It is definitely not impartial. Look at the brexit coverage, almost no positive spin on this huge opportunity the country has to trade with the world.

It's news department needs some attention too, the interviews with Farrage for example are hardly unbiased, ditto for the coverage and reporting on Islamic extremism.

Absolute rubbish.....

How can they put a "positive spin" on something when nobody knew what would happen, would have just been guess work, which isn't good reporting.... More to the point, they only reported what MP's, experts and the general public were saying.

Caporegime
They seem pretty balanced to me. They report from both sides.

And this is sometimes the problem. Because they have to seen to be unbiased and have people putting views across from both sides you can get a situation when 99% of experts believe one thing but an equal time has to be given to the 1% of experts who believe the opposite

Back
Top Bottom